CFG | Academy | EDS in & out season 2022/23

So players have until they are 19 years old to be good enough main squad, must be on a level like Phil Foden was?!
What chance does
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Tommy Doyle
Claudio Gomes
Ante Palaversa
James McAtee
Liam Delap
Yan Couto
Filip Stevanovic
To be the next Phil Foden?
City does not have good track record when it comes establish their own talents into the squad.

Do you expect 11 academy players in the team??

So players have until they are 19 years old to be good enough main squad, must be on a level like Phil Foden was?!
What chance does
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Tommy Doyle
Claudio Gomes
Ante Palaversa
James McAtee
Liam Delap
Yan Couto
Filip Stevanovic
City does not have good track record when it comes establish their own talents into the squad.

Some of them players have gone on loan to clubs in much lesser leagues and can't get game time so why would pep be trying to fit them into the best team in the country?

bit weird to me loaning and selling the young players that are on the fringe of the first team. I know they need game time. But already the smallest squad in the league, plus crammed fixture schedule with the WC. I don't need to see Walker, KDB and Haaland etc playing Cambridge at home in the Carabao.

What chance does
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Tommy Doyle
Claudio Gomes
Ante Palaversa
James McAtee
Liam Delap
Yan Couto
Filip Stevanovic
Here are my thoughts:

THB: 10-15% chance to be a squad player perhaps. He has played in a lot of first team games at his age. If he has a good season and Vinny brings them back up, I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley buy him.
Tommy Doyle: 5% chance. Got some decent game time at Cardiff in the second half of last season but if he isn't a regular for Sheffield this season (0 minutes in 3 league games is not looking encouraging) then I assume City will look to sell in 2023.
Claudio Gomes: No chance. Too old at this point -- contract expiring at end of this season so City are probably looking to sell now or he'll walk away next summer.
Ante Palaversa: No chance. Too old, loan changes mean he'll probably need to be sold soon regardless.
James McAtee: 60% chance. Still young, will be battling Doyle for minutes presumably. Needs to get battered a bit this season to be more composed on the ball in a real world game environment.
Liam Delap: 65% chance. Contract until 2026 means he's got a long leash. If he has a great loan spell this year then maybe City cash in next summer with a buy-back clause.
Yan Couto: 35% chance -- depends on what he wants probably. Started for Girona yesterday.
Stevanovic: 25% chance? This is a tough one. Genuinely have no clue, but still very young. Probably can't get a work permit yet, missed out on the recent Serbia U21 games. Needs another loan to a top flight club somewhere this season to maybe be a consideration in 1-2 years time.

Here are my thoughts:

THB: 10-15% chance to be a squad player perhaps. He has played in a lot of first team games at his age. If he has a good season and Vinny brings them back up, I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley buy him.
Tommy Doyle: 5% chance. Got some decent game time at Cardiff in the second half of last season but if he isn't a regular for Sheffield this season (0 minutes in 3 league games is not looking encouraging) then I assume City will look to sell in 2023.
Claudio Gomes: No chance. Too old at this point -- contract expiring at end of this season so City are probably looking to sell now or he'll walk away next summer.
Ante Palaversa: No chance. Too old, loan changes mean he'll probably need to be sold soon regardless.
James McAtee: 60% chance. Still young, will be battling Doyle for minutes presumably. Needs to get battered a bit this season to be more composed on the ball in a real world game environment.
Liam Delap: 65% chance. Contract until 2026 means he's got a long leash. If he has a great loan spell this year then maybe City cash in next summer with a buy-back clause.
Yan Couto: 35% chance -- depends on what he wants probably. Started for Girona yesterday.
Stevanovic: 25% chance? This is a tough one. Genuinely have no clue, but still very young. Probably can't get a work permit yet, missed out on the recent Serbia U21 games. Needs another loan to a top flight club somewhere this season to maybe be a consideration in 1-2 years time.
TBF, Tommy has been injured (thigh tear) until the last cup game and got a few minutes - but I don't disagree with your take on him.

What chance does
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Tommy Doyle
Claudio Gomes
Ante Palaversa
James McAtee
Liam Delap
Yan Couto
Filip Stevanovic

Hmmm

bit weird to me loaning and selling the young players that are on the fringe of the first team. I know they need game time. But already the smallest squad in the league, plus crammed fixture schedule with the WC. I don't need to see Walker, KDB and Haaland etc playing Cambridge at home in the Carabao.
so they stay to play the odd cup game, they arnt good enough for City but they are good enough to make a healthy career elsewhere, they have had a solid education at City and we make money

Here are my thoughts:

Have not added Cole Palmer since he is promoted. Would very nice to have squad that have more acadamy players. Liam Delap is depended on how Julian Alvarez will adapt to the league, Liam will be 3 choice?
Gundogan, de Bruyne, Walker and Mahrez are those who will get replaced within 3-5 years.

It appears the age range has changed. PL2 is now U 21 so that could be why there have been a number of academy sales/loans this summer. Some of the older lads have been moved on, and a couple of the more promising ones given loans.
Maybe the Club have asked / insisted on game time guarantees for JM and hopefully LD, this will give them a great chance of proving themselves..

Have not added Cole Palmer since he is promoted. Would very nice to have squad that have more acadamy players. Liam Delap is depended on how Julian Alvarez will adapt to the league, Liam will be 3 choice?
Gundogan, de Bruyne, Walker and Mahrez are those who will get replaced within 3-5 years.
I’d have kept De Lap as an understudy to the Viking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.