CFG Expansion | Başakşehir to join? (p70)

Man City owners closing in on Palermo takeover​

Manchester City's owners City Football Group are closing in on a deal to purchase Italian side Palermo, Sky in Italy are reporting.
CFG representatives have flown to Milan for talks with Palermo's president Dario Mirri and are expected to wrap up a full takeover in the next few days.
The group manifested their interest in the Sicilian club earlier this year and started talks over a potential deal in April.
More talks and meetings are expected to take place in the next days, but only the last set of paperwork and bureaucracy is left to be ironed out.
Palermo finished third in Serie C last season, and on Sunday secured promotion to Serie B after beating Padova 2-0 in a two-legged play-off final.
The club were playing in the top flight as recently as 2017, but went bankrupt in 2019 and were relegated to Serie D, the fourth tier of domestic football.
Palermo nurtured an array of talent in their recent history including Edinson Cavani, Paulo Dybala, Javier Pastore, Andrea Belotti and Luca Toni.
CFG would make Palermo the 11th club in their stable, and the first in Italy, with their flagship sides including Man City in England, New York City in the USA, Girona in Spain, Lommel in Belgium and Troyes in France.
They also own Montevideo City (Uruguay), Sichuan Jiuniu (China), Mumbai City (India), and a 20 per cent stake in Yokohama Marinos (Japan).

That'll be the last of the transfer money from selling Scott Sinclair then.

I love the history of the pink shirt intro and the attempted defiance to Mussolini

hey there, lads! I am a Bahia supporter and I've just found out this forum when searching for information about the purchase of my club by CFG.
first of all, these are not official numbers just yet. the deal is not yet finalized and, for now, all we have on the terms of the deal is sheer speculation. but, to be fair, I believe these figures are at least somewhat close to the truth.
so, what's so special about Bahia? first of all, we are a brazilian club, and I don't think I need to remind you that Brazil is probably the world's biggest hotbed of footballing talent. therefore, by owning a club in Brazil, CFG will invest heavily in developing players to either play for its top clubs or sell for big profits.
besides that, there's also a lot of potential to make money in the brazilian league as well, which is already one of the top ten leagues in the world and will probably grow in importance in the next few years, specially if the movement to establish a sort of local equivalent of the Premier League works out. I'll link a piece of The Athletic on that topic so that you can read more about it.

https://theathletic.com/3316311/202...-in-chains-is-this-its-premier-league-moment/

as for Bahia itself, we are a sort of a sleeping giant club, very traditional and with lots of history, twice brazilian champions, even though our last national trophy was a long time ago, in 1988, and we were relegated from the top flight last year, and now find ourselves in a promotion spot in the second tier.
we have a huge and very faithful fanbase, located in a large metropolitan area of around 4 million people. we play in a 2014 World Cup stadium, with around 30,000 season ticket holders. our youth and training facilities are also top notch, one of the best in the country.
we are very confident that the arrival of CFG will help us grow the club into becoming one of the biggest contenders in brazilian football, and probably the second most important club in the conglomerate, after Man City. we are pretty much looking forward for it :-)
Good post, but one tip.....don't use the Athletic to back anything up, or read it for that matter ;)

£104m!?! What’s so special about Bahia!?
Stadium looks to be in good condition, so that’s a big asset.

Seen plenty of “rival” fans commenting on this and the Palermo acquisition. Some are crying about FFP, which pretty much sums up how thick they are. Others are complaining about conflict of interests, which also doesn’t make any sense. To sum it up, I think some are starting to realise that City aren’t going anywhere and we’re in it for the long haul.

I look forward to Palermo, pretty cheap like 10 million or something like that. They went bankrupt a few years ago and this is basically phoenix club. Their fanbase also seems happy

In a few years, Troyes going to win League 1, Palermo going to win scudetto, Girona La Liga. And of course we going to win the prem = total domination. Khaldoon has done it again haha :)

In a few years, Troyes going to win League 1, Palermo going to win scudetto, Girona La Liga. And of course we going to win the prem = total domination. Khaldoon has done it again haha :)

They won’t want any of them, other than City qualifying for the CL.

Would cause some major headaches

They won’t want any of them, other than City qualifying for the CL.

Would cause some major headaches
It’s ok under UEFA rules provided CFG have less than 50% and do not partake in major football decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.