Chairman's Interview

I always felt the ownership would never publicly endorse any statues in that way, given the prevailing social mores around idols within Islam.

Quite a significant statement there from Khaldoon - and clearly demonstrates that I’m full of shit!
I would never expect them to erect one in Abu Dhabi town centre, but never thought they wouldn’t in Manchester.

Very naive reasoning.

What does 'very probably' is supposed to mean here? Chelsea had about 40 % to win no matter what. Their defence had conceded as many CL goals as ours. They have excellent players and being underdogs helped them big time, both tactically and mentally.

The notion that we have a best XI that we should start no matter the system and the strengths of the opposition in the final is not even naive. It's frankly stupid. Also, the view that Fernandinho was great vs PSG is clueless. First half our play was poor. Fortunately, they were without Mbappe. Also, Fernandinho was poor vs Chelsea at Wembley. Rodri lost form and was making mistakes every game, etc. etc.

Wish armchair geniuses stopped pretending they knew better than Pep what to do. They create a bad atmosphere around Pep and the club which may have negative consequences for next season and Pep's renaining year/years at the club.
Personally I would have played Fern in the final but you make many valid points here.
Mount definitely got the better of Fern in the earlier game and I have wondered if that factored into Pep’s thinking.

I also think too many people on here have underestimated how well Chelsea are set up and, more importantly, how their players performed. Tuchel had a very clear game plan and they executed it brilliantly. Pep had a clear game plan and we didn’t execute it as well. It seems to me people prefer to blame the plan rather than the execution.

Very naive reasoning.

What does 'very probably' is supposed to mean here? Chelsea had about 40 % to win no matter what. Their defence had conceded as many CL goals as ours. They have excellent players and being underdogs helped them big time, both tactically and mentally.

The notion that we have a best XI that we should start no matter the system and the strengths of the opposition in the final is not even naive. It's frankly stupid. Also, the view that Fernandinho was great vs PSG is clueless. First half our play was poor. Fortunately, they were without Mbappe. Also, Fernandinho was poor vs Chelsea at Wembley. Rodri lost form and was making mistakes every game, etc. etc.

Wish armchair geniuses stopped pretending they knew better than Pep what to do. They create a bad atmosphere around Pep and the club which may have negative consequences for next season and Pep's renaining year/years at the club.
I do like those that think a different team would 100% of won, because Chelsea were just turnining up for a day out.Of course they can happily perpetuate that illusion but never have to prove it.It's also nonsense to think Pep didn't have very good reasons for selecting the team and tactics he did.

Interesting to hear Khaldoon say we will disrupt twice - as if to emphasise the point. Publicly stating that we will never be welcomed within the PL or UEFA corridors of power and will always be operating under a different agenda to the others.

For all the sheer brilliant football Pep has conjered up thus far, he's sold us a few pups along the way. His worst ones are almost criminal, certainly bordering lunacy!

The term 'bald fraud' is almost a stigma and I think the only way he'd rid himself of that term (and redeem himself) is to win us the CL next season with our best 11. Not with bizarre team selections, not fancy formations and hard to fathom tactics that have cost us several very important games!
Yep.

Is Pep our best manager ever?: YES
Would I want to replace him now?: NO
Is he the best manager for a league campaign?: YES
Hypothetically, if I was in charge, would I offer him a 10-year contract: YES
Does he drop huge and obvious clangers: YES

I guess with have to take the small amounts of rough for the incredibly rewarding long spells of smooth, but I said on here before the game that if he didn't pick Fernandinho, it would be the biggest surprise out of all his occasionally baffling selections during his 5-year spell. He explained his reasons, fair enough, but IMO, he was wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.