Chairman's Interview

The club's strategy was always to join some sort of Super League. Like the other clubs, they botched it because they really have no idea how their fans think and, more importantly, what the authorities like the PL & UEFA would do. That's why I found his faux apology and crocodile tears completely hollow and fake.

i worked for someone like Khaldoon. Brilliant communicator and an inspirational person, highly regarded in his field and by the investment analysts. After one of his quarterly pep talks you'd run through brick walls for him.

This was an insurance company and he (or someone clos to him) wrote a shockingly bad contract that was effectively open-ended, meaning we had to pay out unlimited losses. You can reinsure such contracts but that reinsurance won't be unlimited. When the company floated on the Stock Market, he said that the issue was sorted. He lied. It wasn't and there were increasingly desperate attempts to shore up the increasing losses, which led to a large fraud being carried out to hide the true situation from the stock market, the shareholders, our consulting actuaries and auditors. A few weeks after reporting strong profits, the company was basically insolvent as it couldn't meet its true liabilities. He went to prison for 7 years. Yet right up to the end, he was convincing people the cmpany was sound and continuing to grow.

Now I'm not for one moment suggesting anything similar is being perpetrated at City. but I am saying don't accept a glib, carefully prepared speech and careful choice of words as gospel.
I too have worked for some Chairman, MDs etc that were excellent communicators. They got where to their position because they had that skill set. Some I didn't trust right from the offset, and my instincts proved right - they were snake oil salesmen and would stab their own mother to survive, others I thought were genuine and even when they fucked me over I could understand why they were doing it. Khaldoon is obviously skilled, clever, great communicator and has lead a team that has rewarded us very well in terms of success and what we have is a million miles from what we had. He'll play his cards close to his chest, I expect that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.