Chameleons vox - US tour starts this week

wildybeastie said:
Saw them at the Ritz donkeys ago supported by Easterhouse. Still one of the best giggs I have ever been to. Lost one of my shoes bouncing in the crowd and never found it.

I got into the Chameleons at the Ritz - but on a Monday nights ''dance yer docs off'' student night (even though I wasnt a student)

In the days when there was only Piccadilly Radio and Radio 1, I'd go to the Ritz on a Monday night and listen to a whole new range of music. They kept playing 'Swamp Thing' and 'Tears' and the floor was packed and I'd be asking people ''who is this band?''.
First time I saw them was Middleton Civic, Xmas 2000

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
wildybeastie said:
Saw them at the Ritz donkeys ago supported by Easterhouse. Still one of the best giggs I have ever been to. Lost one of my shoes bouncing in the crowd and never found it.

I got into the Chameleons at the Ritz - but on a Monday nights ''dance yer docs off'' student night (even though I wasnt a student)

In the days when there was only Piccadilly Radio and Radio 1, I'd go to the Ritz on a Monday night and listen to a whole new range of music. They kept playing 'Swamp Thing' and 'Tears' and the floor was packed and I'd be asking people ''who is this band?''.

That gig at the Civic in 2000 wasn't a particularly good gig you know. The wheels of the reunion bus were coming off by then.

Danbert said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
wildybeastie said:

Danbert,
You seem a bit miffed towards the band now. Do you have a personal problem with anyone?
I have seen the band lots of times from the early eighties upto the gig at The Band on the Wall last year and still think they are a great band to see.
Got my tickets for the Ruby lounge too.

That gig at the Civic in 2000 wasn't a particularly good gig you know. The wheels of the reunion bus were coming off by then.

ciderman22 said:
Danbert said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Danbert,
You seem a bit miffed towards the band now. Do you have a personal problem with anyone?
I have seen the band lots of times from the early eighties upto the gig at The Band on the Wall last year and still think they are a great band to see.

I went to that Civic gig - not the best. Saw at fac51 club a couple of years ago and they were superb - was that the proper line up?

simonk said:
ciderman22 said:
Danbert said:
Danbert,

I went to that Civic gig - not the best. Saw at fac51 club a couple of years ago and they were superb - was that the proper line up?

No - that gig at fac51 was a Mark Burgess Cabaret Chameleons gig.

Dave Fielding and Reg Smithies were the sound and the brains behind the band.

This Smaleleons vox thing is utter bollocks.

Danbert said:
simonk said:

No - that gig at fac51 was a Mark Burgess Cabaret Chameleons gig.

Dave Fielding and Reg Smithies were the sound and the brains behind the band.

This Smaleleons vox thing is utter bollocks.

It's always a big issue when ''die hard original'' fans (and I dont mean that in a negative way) see their hero's in a light not as shining as ''the good ol' days.''

Having seen The Smiths 5 times I do not want to see them reunite and if Morrissey and Marr get together I hope they dont get another bass / drummer and call them Smiths vox or whatever.
Having seen The Stone Roses twice, I didnt want them to get back together as I have great memories of the Blackpool gig and slightly less favourable memories of the Spike Island gig. I'd be really saddened if it all goes tits up (but delighted if it goes well).
So... I never saw The Chameleons in their pomp.... so for me, the Civic gig was really great to hear the songs live for the first time after imagining I never would hear them live. And now I am enjoying seeing Chameleons vox (seen them twice and third time will be next week in Boston).
Same thing with Buzzcocks. First saw them in 1989, the first reunion gig, at The Apollo, and seen them countless times since....
So keep your memories of the 80's - but dont begrudge those of us not there first time round in enjoying seeing some classic tunes, in the same way I dont begrudge anyone going to see the Roses next year..... :)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
wildybeastie said:

I think the Ritz gigg I went to was around 1985, around the time they released their second album (what does anything mean basically)

Moochin' down Route 66 yesterday....
302905_1609691218923_1735522684_817591_1928046635_n.jpg

-- Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 am --

Black Swan Lane Dallas, Texas. 11/12/11
[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312630_2341020281452_1128273391_32397914_681526971_n.jpg[/bigimg]

Black Swan Lane/Chameleonsvox Tour Bus on fire, 1:30am Louisiana.

[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387898_2330862907524_1128273391_32392994_603867829_n.jpg[/bigimg]

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Second Skin said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Apologies! Didn't realise.
Support band on both nights is Dermo's (Northside) new band V Thirteen

No worries, probably didn't make it clear.

I think the 22nd is playing Script of the Bridge and the 23rd is greatest hits. Got my tickets for the Thursday and now trying to persuade the misuses we can do two gigs in two nights.

Ruby Lounge is a decent venue as long as you are not stuck behind a pillar!
Hope you get both nights sorted :)

I think they have removed one of them so it is slightly better now.

Stuart said:
Moochin' down Route 66 yesterday....
302905_1609691218923_1735522684_817591_1928046635_n.jpg

-- Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 am --

Black Swan Lane Dallas, Texas. 11/12/11
[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312630_2341020281452_1128273391_32397914_681526971_n.jpg[/bigimg]

Black Swan Lane/Chameleonsvox Tour Bus on fire, 1:30am Louisiana.

[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387898_2330862907524_1128273391_32392994_603867829_n.jpg[/bigimg]

A week today...... Boston here they come! Cannot wait!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.