Champions League - 2022/23

Who will be champions of Europe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not strictly true, BT do get to choose pairings. That has no bearing on who plays at home on which night, just that the pairings have to be on separate nights (ie one is placed in A-D and the other in E-H).
Always look forward to your postings on the CL.

I find it is the perfect competition to keep my hand in with spreadsheets, even though I can not stand UEFA and it's proliferation of competitions. I am certain that the Mafia is in control of the organisation.

As usual the earlier rounds have been mostly pointless other than helping to swell the coffers of UEFA.

Of the 53 countries competing this year (Russia barred & Leichtenstein never in it), the only team still in from !st Qualifying with a chance of the group stages is Bode Glimt from Norway. There are 18 countries who still have a representative before tonights last three group participants are decided. So two thirds have gone by the wayside.

Keep up the good work.

Good grief, if the ties stay as they are we could get drawn against Bodø/Glimt - that won't be easy to get to!
From what I can gather, UEFA gave them a one year exemption last year but said they wouldnt be allowed to hold group stage games at their home ground (capacity 8k). I cannot find confirmation of where they will play instead. Trondheim (Rosenborg) is probably the nearest suitable ground, but its still 9 hours away, so they may end up playing in Oslo instead. Either way, start saving up to buy a pint.

How did Liverpool get more points than Real last year? Also we got 35 points for losing the final in 20/21 and Real only got 30 in 21/22 for winning it. Is it based on each result throughout the whole thing or just on how far you progress?
You get points for qualifying for the groups, group wins (and draws), knockout wins (and draws) and progressing through different stages of the comp.

If you look at the one I posted, it includes this season, and not 2017/18 ;-)
The co-efficients for the draws during the 22/23 season do not reflect points accrued in the 22/23 season (and do include 17/18). @Gray's table is correct for the purpose of the draws. There is a good chance we will be ranked #1 next season if we do well this year.

How did Liverpool get more points than Real last year? Also we got 35 points for losing the final in 20/21 and Real only got 30 in 21/22 for winning it. Is it based on each result throughout the whole thing or just on how far you progress?
Liverpool won or drew more games (eg Real lost to Sheriff, PSG, Chelsea, and us). We got more points than Chelsea when they won it. Co-efficient points are awarded for individual games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.