Champions League - 2023/24 - Leipzig, FK Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys

Who is the biggest threat to us retaining the trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The League Cup 3rd round draw is more fun which isn’t surprising because the League Cup 3rd rd is far more entertaining than the CL group stages
I can assure you there is more excitement finding out whether you're going to Berlin or Belgrade etc rather than Cleethorpes or Walsall. Some offense intended.

Doesn't matter who we get. We're the best team in the world. Teams all over Europe praying like fuck they don't get us.

From a personal standpoint though I'd love to play Union Berlin.

Ideal draw for me, in terms of away trips, would be Porto, Salzburg and Sociedad.

Doesn't matter who we get. We're the best team in the world. Teams all over Europe praying like fuck they don't get us.

From a personal standpoint though I'd love to play Union Berlin.
It’s been that way a good few years now, but no that particular monkey is off our back the fear will just increase. Half beaten teams before we even get on the pitch. Like it used to be with Madrid.

Thing about the CL is you need luck. Often the best team doesn't win it - anything can happen in a knock-out situation. Dodgy referee decision, injuries, player error, keeper plays out of his skin etc. City were the best team last season, absolutely no way were Inter the 2nd best (or 3rd or 4th or 5th etc). The season before City were better than Real Madrid but went out and Courtois had a blinder in the final against the victims. Just get through the group and take each tie as it comes and I'd argue that City having been on the 'hard' side of the draw last year (Bayern then Madrid to get to the final) not only gave them the edge in the CL by removing any hint of complacency but also probably fed through into the PL campaign with the players having the mindset of being 'at it' throughout that whole period at the end of the season.

The League Cup 3rd round draw is more fun which isn’t surprising because the League Cup 3rd rd is far more entertaining than the CL group stages

Well some people prefer going to places like Blackpool than Berlin or Barcelona.
Which is fine but not for me.
There have been some great games involving City in the group stages in recent years but for some reason people still hate to acknowledge it .

Thing about the CL is you need luck. Often the best team doesn't win it - anything can happen in a knock-out situation. Dodgy referee decision, injuries, player error, keeper plays out of his skin etc. City were the best team last season, absolutely no way were Inter the 2nd best (or 3rd or 4th or 5th etc). The season before City were better than Real Madrid but went out and Courtois had a blinder in the final against the victims. Just get through the group and take each tie as it comes and I'd argue that City having been on the 'hard' side of the draw last year (Bayern then Madrid to get to the final) not only gave them the edge in the CL by removing any hint of complacency but also probably fed through into the PL campaign with the players having the mindset of being 'at it' throughout that whole period at the end of the season.

City were the best team last season all though the group stages and the knock outs beating the like of Real and Bayern , nothing lucky about City winning it last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.