Champions League - 2023/24 - Leipzig, FK Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys

Who is the biggest threat to us retaining the trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't matter who we get. We're the best team in the world. Teams all over Europe praying like fuck they don't get us.

From a personal standpoint though I'd love to play Union Berlin.
Teams should really be wanting to draw city in the groups pot1 is a write off anyway then you avoid the other English teams from the other pots

I’m praying for Sociedad- think it’s be class- although a shame David isn’t there now
Not sure what state he’s in, physically after his operation, but it would be a nice touch for the two clubs to get him at both stadiums if we draw them. I’d love to see him get a rapturous greeting and send off.

City were the best team last season all though the group stages and the knock outs beating the like of Real and Bayern , nothing lucky about City winning it last season
Yeah I'm pretty sure I said City were the best team, but they were arguably the best team the season before and lost to Madrid. What I was trying to get across was that luck (or bad luck) does play a part - imagine Haaland got injured, there was a red card, dodgy pen etc. In a knockout scenario anything can happen.

I’m praying for Sociedad- think it’s be class- although a shame David isn’t there now
Will have a pretty good indication by the time Real and Atleti have been drawn.

Atleti are paired with Real Sociedad so they will be in different sides of the draw (A-D or E-H). If we are in opposite sides of the draw to Atleti, and Real Madrid are not in our group, then we'll have approximately 1 in 3 chance of drawing them.

If we're in the same half of the draw as Atleti and/or we get Real Madrid in our group, then we cannot draw Real Sociedad.

FWIW, it's a great stadium in a great city.

Will have a pretty good indication by the time Real and Atleti have been drawn.

Atleti are paired with Real Sociedad so they will be in different sides of the draw (A-D or E-H). If we are in opposite sides of the draw to Atleti, and Real Madrid are not in our group, then we'll have approximately 1 in 3 chance of drawing them.

If we're in the same half of the draw as Atleti and/or we get Real Madrid in our group, then we cannot draw Real Sociedad.

FWIW, it's a great stadium in a great city.
Txiki’s team as well, he’s a fan

This lot seem glad to be back.

That was the best away trip last season.
Treated with respect inside and outside of the ground, not fussed about people standing up.
Happy to let us drink (Heineken silver - half strength but will have that).

get first place in group, that gives us an easier route in the next round. (in theory)

I hope Arteta gets a real hard group just for them to feel the difference between the EL group last year and CL group this year. when they have Bayern away on Wednesday evening and another big game Sunday...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.