Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Arsenal's week looks like this:
SUN - Spurs A
TUE - Bolton H
THU - Atalanta A
SUN - City A

Madness. And folks still think we are treated badly...

Same vs Liverpool:
we play Feyenoord H on Tuesday,
they have Real Madrid H on Wednesday!

vs rags:
we play Juve A on Wednesday
they play Pilzn A on Thursday (so home derby should be Sunday).

3 early international breaks will give us the time to recover and slowly get to full fitness. I see no reason to moan.
Just read a few posts above, the Carabao cup is on split weeks because the European competitions clash. Those in champions league play their Carabao cup games a week later

Arsenal's week looks like this:
SUN - Spurs A
TUE - Bolton H
THU - Atalanta A
SUN - City A

Madness. And folks still think we are treated badly...

Same vs Liverpool:
we play Feyenoord H on Tuesday,
they have Real Madrid H on Wednesday!

vs rags:
we play Juve A on Wednesday
they play Pilzn A on Thursday (so home derby should be Sunday).

3 early international breaks will give us the time to recover and slowly get to full fitness. I see no reason to moan.
Surely the Bolton game will be moved to the week after?

On matchday 8 it could happen that teams try to lose to avoid big teams like Real or City on the knockout tree.
Loads of own goals incoming... ;)

Matchday 8 with 18 parallel matches and LIVE table movements will definitely be entertaining, that's for sure.
Doh - my thoughts above were rubbish...

Now I understood that the draw for the last 16 will decide which side of the knockout-tree a team will find itself.

So there's no chance to avoid certain opponents on matchday 8 for an easier knockout ride - the last 16 draw will sort that out. Apologies.

Arsenal will play their reserves against Atalanta so it will have no bearing on them not being fresh against us, whereas we go full strength against Inter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.