Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Shit :) Thought it was our last CL game before Christmas , but now remember it is Juve. Turin isn't bad either :)
Never been so cold at a match than Turin in December. -14 and a dry Alpine cold. Made Ice Station Zebra (Boundary Park) feel like Dubai in mid summer. Met Noel Gallagher in the airport on the way home though.

Arsenal will play their reserves against Atalanta so it will have no bearing on them not being fresh against us, whereas we go full strength against Inter
The only time anyone might play a less than full strength team in this format is in the January games if they’re already eliminated. Even teams that have already qualified then still have the seedings in the knockout rounds to play for.

The only time anyone might play a less than full strength team in this format is in the January games if they’re already eliminated. Even teams that have already qualified then still have the seedings in the knockout rounds to play for.
Especially this year, nobody knows what sort of point total gets into the top 8 so teams need to play for as many points as possible. Maybe in a year or two we’ll have an idea what points the top 8 are getting, and teams will prioritise games.

Last edited:
Vienna is wonderful around Christmas.
I hated it. Nice buildings n all that but I used to fly in there a lot as we had a factory in Slovakia not too far from the border - so I was usually picked up and dropped in a car with Slovak plates, used to get loads of abuse from Austrians, due to the plates, although to be fair (unlike the polite Slovaks) I used to give them plenty more back. A couple of friends had their honeymoon in Vienna and he was a punk with a weird haircut, but a lovely mild guy, and they said they were treated like shite, albeit 30 years ago. I have also found a lot of Austrians to be disgustingly racist. Nice buildings though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.