Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Not convinced. I think the top eight will pick itself and there will be many dead games at the bottom of the big league. I agree that 3 groups would be better though.

Not sure they’ll be that many completely dead rubbers. Probably be a couple in game 8.

But with only 12 teams being eliminated, you’re going to have to go pretty deep in the qualifying before you get a game that neither side have any chance of finishing in the top 24.

The original European cup in 1955/56, the years that City appeared in back to back Cup Finals.

The participating clubs were selected by French football magazine L'Equipe on the basis they were representative and prestigious clubs in Europe.

• Sporting CP (3)
  • Vörös Lobogó (2)
  • Servette (6)
  • Rot-Weiss Essen (1)
  • Djurgården (1)
  • AGF Aarhus (3)
  • Rapid Wien (1)
  • Milan (5)
  • Partizan (1)
  • Anderlecht (1)
  • Real Madrid (1)
  • Hibernian (5)
  • Gwardia Warsaw (4)
  • Reims (1)
  • PSV Eindhoven (3)
  • Saarbrücken(3)
The numbers in brackets were the positions they finished in in their various leagues in the previous season.

So only 7 of the 16 teams were actually champions of their county.

Real Madrid won the final 4-3 against Reims.

Shambles then and a shambles now, nothing has changed.

The original European cup in 1955/56, the years that City appeared in back to back Cup Finals.

The participating clubs were selected by French football magazine L'Equipe on the basis they were representative and prestigious clubs in Europe.

• Sporting CP (3)
  • Vörös Lobogó (2)
  • Servette (6)
  • Rot-Weiss Essen (1)
  • Djurgården (1)
  • AGF Aarhus (3)
  • Rapid Wien (1)
  • Milan (5)
  • Partizan (1)
  • Anderlecht (1)
  • Real Madrid (1)
  • Hibernian (5)
  • Gwardia Warsaw (4)
  • Reims (1)
  • PSV Eindhoven (3)
  • Saarbrücken(3)
The numbers in brackets were the positions they finished in in their various leagues in the previous season.

Don’t necessarily disagree with the sentiment but a lot of prestige competitions have very humble beginnings.

The first World Cup itself attracted virtually no interest outside of The Americas. Even the handful of European teams that were eventually coerced into competing, made the trip without many of their best players.

It’s one of the reasons I’m really hoping City can win the first real Club World Cup. I’ve a feeling that future generations will look on it as the undisputed top competition in club football.

Draws for the 1st and 2nd qualifying rounds take place on the 18th and 19th of June respectively.

42 cannon fodder teams before the competition even starts to get anything like serious.
For me, the competition doesn't get serious until you get to the knockout stages. Back in the days of group stages, when 16 teams progressed, you could probably predict 15 of them ( there's always going to be one outsider who scrambles through). Copenhagen last season, as an (hilarious) example.

• Sporting CP (3)
  • Vörös Lobogó (2)
  • Servette (6)
  • Rot-Weiss Essen (1)
  • Djurgården (1)
  • AGF Aarhus (3)
  • Rapid Wien (1)
  • Milan (5)
  • Partizan (1)
  • Anderlecht (1)
  • Real Madrid (1)
  • Hibernian (5)
  • Gwardia Warsaw (4)
  • Reims (1)
  • PSV Eindhoven (3)
  • Saarbrücken(3)

That's very interesting info , I thought it was only the fairs cup that was by invitation only

Don’t necessarily disagree with the sentiment but a lot of prestige competitions have very humble beginnings.

The first World Cup itself attracted virtually no interest outside of The Americas. Even the handful of European teams that were eventually coerced into competing, made the trip without many of their best players.

It’s one of the reasons I’m really hoping City can win the first real Club World Cup. I’ve a feeling that future generations will look on it as the undisputed top competition in club football.
Masters is now trying his best to scupper the new CWC cos his paymasters arnt in it

The next 10 CL winners, according to Chat GPT.........

I mean; seriously? EVERTON??????????

As for us winning 6 out of the next 10? Nah; I'd be delirious with 3 or 4.

The next 10 CL winners, according to Chat GPT.........

I mean; seriously? EVERTON??????????

As for us winning 6 out of the next 10? Nah; I'd be delirious with 3 or 4.

6 out of the next 10 ???
Not a fucking chance, we've only won it fucking once, ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.