Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

I really can't find much on how it's done, weird. The draw could be very interesting.
They say has to be done by computer because if done with traditional balls it would take about 4hours. Apparently computer will take about 30 mins. The actual dates for each game will take a few days to be announced

Yeah but is all based on Uefa co-efficienty.

The top 8 clubs in the competition with the he best co-efficient are in Pot one and so on
Yeah where as in comparison to last format we had, there was an extra reward for winning your domestic league as you would be pot A and no matter your coefficient you would be in pot B if you came second(unless you won the thing the year before).

As I understand this new draw, there is no benefit to winning your domestic league, as you have to play 2 cat A teams regardless. That’s a bit shit.
Apart from national glory (or abuse in our case), medals for the players, that sort of thing?
But there's no benefit from a CL draw perspective.

Apart from national glory (or abuse in our case), medals for the players, that sort of thing?
But there's no benefit from a CL draw perspective.
I’m obviously talking from the “champions” league perspective. Just feel as the “champions” they should have kept a benefit for them teams. It should always be how teams performed the year before and not some coefficient bullshit. But oh well.

I’m obviously talking from the “champions” league perspective. Just feel as the “champions” they should have kept a benefit for them teams. It should always be how teams performed the year before and not some coefficient bullshit. But oh well.
What difference would it make though now? They'd still have to play 2 teams from each of the 4 pots

But the English (and Spanish and Italian etc) clubs only get into pot 1 due to the national coefficients.
At least this new system is based on what the individual clubs have achieved in European competition. - However I agree it's bollocks in that coefficient points gained in both Thursday leagues count when deciding Champions League pot places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.