Champions League Draw (Cont...)

AjaxAmsterdamManCity said:
Hello everybody

As my name shows, i am an Ajax Amsterdam fan. First i felt really bad about the Champions League draw. We have a good team, but just not good enough for City, Real and Dortmund. But now i just think its OK. We will make massive matches of it, wont we? This is just the best group of all, only with teams who want to play attacking football. Ajax has the weakest team, but we wont play defensive with 11 players + the manager all standing in the goal. We will try to make the best of it!

Ajax has had a revolution. Johan Cruijff wanted that ex-players got leading functions in the Ajax-board. That seems to be working. Ex-Ajax winger Marc Overmars now decides which players to buy. Ajax doesnt want to buy a lot of age 23+ players, unless they really showed qualities. Ajax aims for young, not too expensive talents that can still grow in Amsterdam. Because there have been made so many mistakes with transfers. Managers just got money and could buy who they wanted. Those times are over. No more expensive crappy players like Atouba, Oleguer, Wielaert, Kennedy Bakircoglu, Miralem Sulejmani etcetra etcetra. The Ajax slogan 'The Youth has the Future' finally has become the truth.

When you say Ajax to foreign football fans, they all say Eriksen. In my opinion, he is overrated. Yes, he has amazing skills with the ball and he is very intelligent. But he doesnt show to skills often enough. When he gets older, he might get more experienced and become a leader. I hope he will get more brilliant moments then.

Vertonghen was by far the best defender of the Eredivisie, better than Douglas. A bit of a pity that he went to Tottenham, because he really has the skills for Champions League. Luckily Ajax found a replacement for him: Finnish defender Niklas Moisander signed a few weeks ago (he came from AZ Alkmaar). In his first game for Ajax, he played like he had been an Ajax player for years. But he has only a little Champions League experience, so that will be hard for him.

Our defense is the weak point. Alderweireld is OK, but not as great as Vertonghen. van Der Wiel is a bit lazy and overrated. We dont have a great left back, Daley Blind sometimes plays great, but often he is just slow and not good enough. Boilesen is often injured, but he is the best left back we have at the moment imo.

We have enough midfielders. Thulani Serero is probably even smaller than the guy who went to Newcastle, Vurnon Anita lol. Serero came from South African Ajax academy Ajax Cape Town. He seems skilled, but loses the ball too much. I think he can grow better though.

Great goal from Serero here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.abload.de/img/sereroc3i1v.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.abload.de/img/sereroc3i1v.gif</a>

Other midfielder is Danish Lasse Schøne, who came from mid-table side NEC Nijmegen. For most players, that is a huge leap. But he seemed very confident and calm in his first games at Ajax. We also signed Danish Christian Poulsen, im happy with that because he has experience.

Ajax is tough offensively with 'The Beast' from Iceland Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, young talents Tobias Sana, Derk Boerrigter and Jody Lukoki. And of course our captain Siem de Jong, who always shows the will to win.

Well, i guess you know a little more about us now. Enjoy your stay in Amsterdam, and be prepared for Vak410 Ultras! Lets make two great games of it lads. Good luck! :-)

PS: Im sure that you like the fact we beat man United at Old Trafford on 23-02-2012. ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bm6zCB2Ycs&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bm6zCB2 ... re=related</a>
Sigthorsson and De Jong definitely ones to watch, both great players.

Can't wait, off to Madrid on the 18th. We have some great games. "Pride in battle" This is why we love football. Welcome to all the travelling fans to Manchester. We like a pint and are up for good banter. You will have a great time, good night-life and you will be safe as long as you stay away from the rags in Stretford, you can smell them a mile off.

Re: Champions League Draw

LongsightM13 said:
The Rags can rest players for more important league games when they are playing Europe's equivalent of The Dog and Duck. Their group looks even easier than the one they somehow failed to qualify from last year.
We will have to go all out in every game to try to qualify from the group of death. It will no doubt impact on our league form.
I can't understand anybody actually wanting a hard draw in a cup competition.
You want nice holidays and days out? Then join the fucking Women's Institute or the caravan club. I want my team to win, I don't give two shiny shits about smoking skunk in Amsterdam or getting pissed in Germany

I agree 100%. If we get past the group stage there will be plenty of great match-ups to come later. No need to possibly have to meet Real twice in the same competition. We're going to need our 11 best to get through this group. So the league games are going to need to be won by the "bench" players.

AjaxAmsterdamManCity said:
Hello everybody

As my name shows, i am an Ajax Amsterdam fan. First i felt really bad about the Champions League draw. We have a good team, but just not good enough for City, Real and Dortmund. But now i just think its OK. We will make massive matches of it, wont we? This is just the best group of all, only with teams who want to play attacking football. Ajax has the weakest team, but we wont play defensive with 11 players + the manager all standing in the goal. We will try to make the best of it!

Ajax has had a revolution. Johan Cruijff wanted that ex-players got leading functions in the Ajax-board. That seems to be working. Ex-Ajax winger Marc Overmars now decides which players to buy. Ajax doesnt want to buy a lot of age 23+ players, unless they really showed qualities. Ajax aims for young, not too expensive talents that can still grow in Amsterdam. Because there have been made so many mistakes with transfers. Managers just got money and could buy who they wanted. Those times are over. No more expensive crappy players like Atouba, Oleguer, Wielaert, Kennedy Bakircoglu, Miralem Sulejmani etcetra etcetra. The Ajax slogan 'The Youth has the Future' finally has become the truth.

When you say Ajax to foreign football fans, they all say Eriksen. In my opinion, he is overrated. Yes, he has amazing skills with the ball and he is very intelligent. But he doesnt show to skills often enough. When he gets older, he might get more experienced and become a leader. I hope he will get more brilliant moments then.

Vertonghen was by far the best defender of the Eredivisie, better than Douglas. A bit of a pity that he went to Tottenham, because he really has the skills for Champions League. Luckily Ajax found a replacement for him: Finnish defender Niklas Moisander signed a few weeks ago (he came from AZ Alkmaar). In his first game for Ajax, he played like he had been an Ajax player for years. But he has only a little Champions League experience, so that will be hard for him.

Our defense is the weak point. Alderweireld is OK, but not as great as Vertonghen. van Der Wiel is a bit lazy and overrated. We dont have a great left back, Daley Blind sometimes plays great, but often he is just slow and not good enough. Boilesen is often injured, but he is the best left back we have at the moment imo.

We have enough midfielders. Thulani Serero is probably even smaller than the guy who went to Newcastle, Vurnon Anita lol. Serero came from South African Ajax academy Ajax Cape Town. He seems skilled, but loses the ball too much. I think he can grow better though.

Great goal from Serero here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.abload.de/img/sereroc3i1v.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.abload.de/img/sereroc3i1v.gif</a>

Other midfielder is Danish Lasse Schøne, who came from mid-table side NEC Nijmegen. For most players, that is a huge leap. But he seemed very confident and calm in his first games at Ajax. We also signed Danish Christian Poulsen, im happy with that because he has experience.

Ajax is tough offensively with 'The Beast' from Iceland Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, young talents Tobias Sana, Derk Boerrigter and Jody Lukoki. And of course our captain Siem de Jong, who always shows the will to win.

Well, i guess you know a little more about us now. Enjoy your stay in Amsterdam, and be prepared for Vak410 Ultras! Lets make two great games of it lads. Good luck! :-)

PS: Im sure that you like the fact we beat man United at Old Trafford on 23-02-2012. ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bm6zCB2Ycs&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bm6zCB2 ... re=related</a>

Hey there, thanks for the information and it really is an honour we get play against some the biggest teams in the world considering where we were only a few years ago. I suspect the matches between our four teams will surpass anything others throw up until the semi finals, I really do I wish the entire champions league would look as appealing as our group. At first I was disbelief but now I realise this is a chance for our four teams to showcase some of the best football in europe.

Good luck Mr AAMC, just remember we have Guidetti on standby :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.