Champions League Draw (Cont...)

was obvious we get group of death, but wow what a group, the champions group, all four league winners, can see us taking 2nd in group, but deep down i feel we can turn the special one over at etihad(or maybe was a dream) anyway i just cant bloody wait, WHAT A GROUP!!!

As most have said, great group and can't wait.

But, from an organisational perspective, how the fuck do UEFA manage to get the Champions of all of Europe's major Leagues (bar Italy) in the same early group??
It's called the Champion's League, FFS. CHAMPIONS should have automatic #1 seed classification. Beats me!!!

From a travelling fans point of view, these are three fantastic trips. Can't wait, all three booked flights and hotels booked now, bring it on.

This is a fantastic draw in terms of "the project".

Five years ago we were sneakinginto the UEFA cup via the fair play leage and we had a blast when Hamburg came to town.

Now, we are going to be trading punches with the absolute cream (historically and currently) of European football.

Madrid need no introduction. City v Madrid could well be THE stand-out fixture of the entire group stage across all eight groups. Ajax had a European pedigree we would love to emulate, though have waned in recent years as a major european force - a bit liverpoolesque in that sense. Dortmund are the champions of one of the strongest leagues in Europe.

We may not win the champions league this year, we may not progress beyond the group stage. But In terms of where we want to be in five years time and how we go about getting there, we are well on the way.

Re: Champions League Draw

de niro said:
its done purely in the hope that we dont progress and hence earn mega dosh, that way the ffp can be implemented sooner in order to harm us.

please please you lentil eating tree huggers dont come on here and say i'm paranoid.

year in year out the rags get gifted and we get shafted.
It's been bugging me this post ever since I read it last night. I checked again at 3am after my nightly, 3am piss and still it bugged me. Actually I lost a bit of sleep about it to the point Mrs P said 'turn that fucking phone off because it's lighting up the bedroom'. At that point I thought I best catch some Zzzz.
I never know if you're tongue in cheek with the whole agenda thing, Bill. Some posts of yours are that outrageously ridiculous I just think that they are exactly that - tongue in cheek, (with due respect).
If they're not tongue in cheek, could you please tell me this:

1. Why would 'they' go to all that trouble to make yesterday's draw turn out the way it did?

2. How could the draw be rigged as such so that we ended up facing those teams? Were RM's, BD's and Ajax's balls set to a different weight to make sure the person drawing them knew exactly what to do? Was that person in on it too?

3. You do know that we could just as easily have been picked against whoever else was pulled out, and that it's all just chance?

Pigeonho said:
de niro said:
its done purely in the hope that we dont progress and hence earn mega dosh, that way the ffp can be implemented sooner in order to harm us.

please please you lentil eating tree huggers dont come on here and say i'm paranoid.

It's been bugging me this post ever since I read it last night. I checked again at 3am after my nightly, 3am piss and still it bugged me. Actually I lost a bit of sleep about it to the point Mrs P said 'turn that fucking phone off because it's lighting up the bedroom'. At that point I thought I best catch some Zzzz.
I never know if you're tongue in cheek with the whole agenda thing, Bill. Some posts of yours are that outrageously ridiculous I just think that they are exactly that - tongue in cheek, (with due respect).

1. Why would 'they' go to all that trouble to make yesterday's draw turn out the way it did?

2. How could the draw be rigged as such so that we ended up facing those teams? Were RM's, BD's and Ajax's balls set to a different weight to make sure the person drawing them knew exactly what to do? Was that person in on it too?

3. You do know that we could just as easily have been picked against whoever else was pulled out, and that it's all just chance?

He's frustrated that we managed to get a hard draw while United got it easy.
Only using the 'agenda' thing as a way of venting his frustration out by looking for somthing to blame it on.

My advice, dont read too much into it.

Big Blue Swede said:
Pigeonho said:
de niro said:

He's frustrated that we managed to get a hard draw while United got it easy.
Only using the 'agenda' thing as a way of venting his frustration out by looking for somthing to blame it on.

My advice, dont read too much into it.
I'm frustrated that Mrs P got to cum this morning whereas I was hammering like a trojan but couldn't reach the vinegars. There's not agenda there, my balls aren't planning something sinister, they simply didn't want to release this morning. The same can be said for the CL draw. We drew who we drew, and could easily have drew other teams instead. it is what it is though and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.