Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

Just watching this, and have to agree that an away trip to Naples would probably be my last choice!

To be fair - apparently it's not Napoli fans causing this.

It's Frankfurt fans - who were banned from coming - and Atalanta fans fighting the police.

But even if they didn't cause this particular riot, it feels like an English fan gets stabbed every time a club plays there.

Hopefully Real/Bayern and Napoli/Chelsea draw each other on the other side of the bracket

I think Bayern-Napoli would be the best draw for entertainment value and "knocking out a favorite" value.

I'd be fine drawing Madrid. Unfinished business.

1. CITY
2. Bayern Munich
3. Real Madrid
6. Napoli
9. Benfica
12. Chelsea
17. Inter Milan
30. AC Milan

The worst team left, by some distance, is AC Milan.

I’ll have them please.

Before QF draw probabilities:

I think from a strategic perspective, if you are the best team in the tournament (which I think we are) then you probably want to play the better teams over two legs rather than in the final. You have more chance of a statistically anomalous game evening out over more time.

Therefore, if it means avoiding playing them in the final we probably want to knock Real and Bayern out in the quarters and semis.

The alternative perspective… I would rather not play them at all and somebody else beat them.

So Benfica please.

I completely agree

If Madrid, Bayern and Napoli are all on the other side of the draw I’d be very, very happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.