Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

Last time they played at home Bayern beat them by 5
Freiburg home is always relatively easy. Freiburg away is a more difficult thing. Streich somehow never really puts in much workrate in his team when they come to Munich - but it is different in Freiburg.

Sorry still no sympathy looking at the league they play in year after year.

The Bundesliga is a running and pressing league. If you only go into matches with 80% you will not win. To keep concentration und motivation up all season is difficult - especially as for most teams you play against it is the match of the year in which they run their asses of whereas for you it is just a match in between your top matches. Motivational aspects probably are the key in that.

A tough draw, I don't want us to end up empty handed this season so I hope we still play a strong team in the fa cups games tbh.

Wouldn't mind that but I doubt it. They don't really play Sane as a winger.
The current top eleven at Bayern against top opponents is:

Sommer
Pavard - Upamecano - de Ligt
Kimmich - Goretzka
Coman - Müller - Musiala
Choupo-Moteng

If Choupo-Moteng's back problems go on and Mane really hits form - or Coman performs badly and Gnabry or Sane really thrive that can change.

Sane plays more in the centre. But Müller is the commander of the team (not just because of the armband) and Musiala is Musiala - that makes it difficult for Leroy to get a starting spot.

Last edited:

Sommer
Kimmich - Goretzka
Coman - Müller - Musiala
Choupo-Moteng

If Choupo-Moteng's back problems go on and Mane really hits form - or Coman performs badly and Gnabry or Sane really thrive that can change.

Sane plays more in the centre. But Müller is the commander of the team (not just because of the armband) and Musiala is Musiala - that makes it difficult for Leroy to get a starting spot.
Choupo-Moteng one player or two? We should do 10 men.

Its Bayern's pace that concerns me. Hopefully Pep will have learnt from previous seasons that it is our achilles heel in this competition.

In possession I feel we can create more than enough against that team.

I would not be surprised to see us go with the more conservative Pulis style 4CBs like we did against Leipzig with Stones going into midfield in possession..At least then we would have a guaranteed 5 plus Ederson covering our backside on transitions.

Choupo-Moteng one player or two? We should do 10 men.
One Man. But I forgot Davies on the left wing.

It is supposed to be a 3-5-2 - but Müller is often deeper on average than Coman and Musiala. And Davies sometimes pushes back into a 4-in-the-back.

Sommer
Kimmich - Goretzka
Coman - Musiala - Davies
Müller - Choupo-Moteng

Sommer
Kimmich - Goretzka
Coman - Müller - Musiala
Choupo-Moteng

What's the general feeling over there about getting us?
I think Erling will give your backline trouble.

You've had a lot of tough draws this season, the group stage with Barcelona and Inter, then PSG, now us.....and i thought it was us UEFA didn't like!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.