Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

What's the general feeling over there about getting us?
I think Erling will give your backline trouble.

You've had a lot of tough draws this season, the group stage with Barcelona and Inter, then PSG, now us.....and i thought it was us UEFA didn't like!

UEFA does not like anybody but Barcelona some years ago and Madrid. Our fans are as Anti-UEFA as yours are.

Bayern knows Erling for awhile. He has shot goals - but never won against us in competitive matches. And there were some games in which we kept him quiet, too. He is dangerous - but so are Mbappe, Lewandowski, Messi and Neymar (Lautaro Martinez, Dzeko) - none scored a goal against us this season.

I think it has a lot to do with the run of play. And what team converts best.

Both fan bases probably are afraid about their coach overthinking the tactics for the match.

If some need help with their itinery in Germany - or want tips as they plan to do more than just traveling to Munich and back and have fun drinking - I will try to help if I can - just write me a PM.

On Friday after the match the Frühlingsfest (spring festival) starts in Munich. It is not as big as the Oktoberfest but can be a similar experience... So who always wanted to go to Oktoberfest but did not have the chance or did not get free hotels...

Last edited:
UEFA does not like anybody but Barcelona some years ago and Madrid. Our fans are as Anti-UEFA as yours are.

Bayern knows Erling for awhile. He has shot goals - but never won against us in competitive matches. And there were some games in which we kept him quiet, too. He is dangerous - but so are Mbappe, Lewandowski, Messi and Neymar (Lautaro Martinez, Dzeko) - none scored a goal against us this season.

I think it has a lot to do with the run of play. And what team converts best.

Both fan bases probably are afraid about their coach overthinking the tactics for the match.
Yeah PSG have a great front 3 but they’re all lazy and they have an average midfield and defence. You did a great professional job of shutting them and the game down. I’d imagine we are likely to cause you more problems although I’m sure you’ll cause us more than RBL did to us.

What was the reaction in the German press to the 7-0?

Yeah PSG have a great front 3 but they’re all lazy and they have an average midfield and defence. You did a great professional job of shutting them and the game down. I’d imagine we are likely to cause you more problems although I’m sure you’ll cause us more than RBL did to us.

What was the reaction in the German press to the 7-0?

Nearly none. It was Leipzig... they were the underdogs and nobody really expected them to win against your team. And Leipzig does not have the media commenting every cough in the dressing room like Bayern does. Topics like Eberl coming after his depression break from Gladbach or now Schröder leaving Schalke and starting April 1st in Leipzig has more cover.

It was like usual. Before the matches every newspaper was e.g. overhyping PSG because of their individuals. After the match it was a normal Bayern beating a poor PSG. PSG does not have a great team - but Mbappe and Messi can produce out of nothing - and Ramos and Marquinhos are a pain in the a... on set-pieces.

With your match... Leipzig was for sure not an equal opponent for you - that is what already was known before. Especially as Nkunku and Schlager - both very important for that team - were missing injured.

What I hated was that you additionally got helped by the referee for the first part of the match. You would have won without that even if probably not by 7 goals - but Leipzig would have gone on fighting longer in that match. As a neutral (I am surely not prefering other German teams especially not BVB or Leipzig) I wanted an interesting match even if I could not watch it as it was only on Prime in Germany (but I would have looked for a stream for the second half if there was still some music in the match). Like this they gave up after some time as there was nothing to win. Haaland can shoot you to pieces - but can be kept quiet, too.

Last edited:
Nearly none. It was Leipzig... they were the underdogs and nobody really expected them to win against your team. And Leipzig does not have the media commenting every cough in the dressing room like Bayern does. Topics like Eberl coming after his depression break from Gladbach or now Schröder leaving Schalke and starting April 1st in Leipzig has more cover.

It was like usual. Before the matches every newspaper was e.g. overhyping PSG because of their individuals. After the match it was a normal Bayern beating a poor PSG. PSG does not have a great team - but Mbappe and Messi can produce out of nothing - and Ramos and Marquinhos are a pain in the a... on set-pieces.

With your match... Leipzig was for sure not an equal opponent for you - that is what already was known before. Especially as Nkunku and Schlager - both very important for that team - were missing injured.

What I hated was that you additionally got helped by the referee for the first part of the match. You would have won without that even if probably not by 7 goals - but Leipzig would have gone on fighting longer in that match. As a neutral (I am surely not prefering other German teams especially not BVB or Leipzig) I wanted an interesting match even if I could not watch it as it was only on Prime in Germany (but I would have looked for a stream for the second half if there was still some music in the match). Like this they gave up after some time as there was nothing to win. Haaland can shoot you to pieces - but can be kept quiet, too.
Quite interesting reading this about the media and bayern....I'd always have thought that bayern would be the "media darlings" of the bundesliga and would get the most lavish of praise as they are the giants of the game and are hugely successful.

Quite interesting reading this about the media and bayern....I'd always have thought that bayern would be the "media darlings" of the bundesliga and would get the most lavish of praise as they are the giants of the game and are hugely successful.

No. It is somewhat understandable, too, if you know how Germans are. There is more love for the underdog and envy than appreciation. And even if Bayern probably has the biggest fanbase in Germany - they have the most people against them, too. (And the media just is like the fans)

The media darlings are Dortmund even if sometimes their mentality is questioned, but Sky e.g. has a partnership with BVB.

In a bizarre way you have to feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Bayern.
They had Barca and inter in the groups, then PSG, now city, and either Chelsea or Real in the semi finals.

That’s been a tough cup run!
They’re not getting that far

It could be Grealish & Ake vs Sane & Cancelo
i dont think it will be. Bayern play 3 at the back against teams that attack them hence why cancelo hasnt been starting against teams like PSG but he plays when they play back 4 against teams that sit it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.