Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

Well, seems it's not just UEFA that screw City in draws, it's me too!

Group A
Paris Saint-Germain
Bayer Leverkusen
Galatasaray
AA Gent

Group B
Chelsea
FC Porto
Olympiakos Piraeus
Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Group C
FC Barcelona
Manchester City
Shakhtar Donetsk
VfL Wolfsburg

Group D
Zenit St. Petersburg
Atlético Madrid
AS Roma
FK Astana

Group E
Juventus
Manchester United
Sevilla
Malmö FF

Group F
Benfica
Valencia
Dinamo Kiev
BATE Borisov

Group G
Bayern München
Real Madrid
CSKA Moscow
Dinamo Zagreb

Group H
PSV Eindhoven
Arsenal
Olympique Lyon
Borussia Möncheng

That worryingly looks about right!

We just need to avoid Barca and Bayern Munich from pot 1
Every possible team other than those two I think would make us favourites for the group

And it would be incredible boring. I want new Teams not the same. Even Bayern fans said they dont want City(and Arsenal)anymore because its too boring.

PSG would be nice because of Paris

I predict we'll get PSV, CSKA and BATE. Done that mock draw and got this. Would be very happy if this happened

Group A
Chelsea
Bayer Leverkusen
Sevilla
Dinamo Zagreb
Group B
FC Barcelona
FC Porto
Olympique Lyon
Malmö FF
Group C
Zenit St. Petersburg
Manchester United
Galatasaray
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Group D
Juventus
Valencia
Dinamo Kiev
BATE Borisov
Group E
Benfica
Arsenal
Shakhtar Donetsk
VfL Wolfsburg
Group F
PSV Eindhoven
Manchester City
Olympiakos Piraeus
AA Gent
Group G
Paris Saint-Germain
Atlético Madrid
AS Roma
Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Group H
Bayern München
Real Madrid
CSKA Moscow
FK Astana

Do we know which English side we've been paired with for TV purposes?

That's the key to the entire thing. Unless we know the pairings we cannot really make much of a guess. The predictor thing seems to have City paired with Utd and Chelsea with Arsenal whereas logic would suggest Arsenal are paired with United. If uefa did a dummy draw then we could possibly work out the pairings from that but I haven't seen the entire results of that draw other than the group that apparently City got drawn in.

That's the key to the entire thing. Unless we know the pairings we cannot really make much of a guess. The predictor thing seems to have City paired with Utd and Chelsea with Arsenal whereas logic would suggest Arsenal are paired with United. If uefa did a dummy draw then we could possibly work out the pairings from that but I haven't seen the entire results of that draw other than the group that apparently City got drawn in.

It will most likely be Chelsea and City paired together and Arsenal and the Rags. Works for TV and policing purposes so I'd imagine it will be in that order. In terms of the Spanish teams, I'd imagine Barca and Atletico paired together, with Real the otherside of the draw to those two (again for TV/policing reasons). The question is, will Chelsea get put in the same grouping as Barca or in the opposite side?

I'd imagine they'll get put with Barca, and Bayern will be the otherside. Hopefully the rags therefore get Bayern. Chelsea hopefully get Atletico and we avoid Barca! Of the four English teams it's about time Arsenal and ourselves got favourable draws and Chelsea and the Rags were screwed over.

We need to see who else will be in the groupings with Barca.. if it's Chelsea (and we're with them TV wise), we need to hope Benfica aren't as I'd imagine they will put Porto on the otherside which would leave Barca having the option of City or Leverkusen...

I can't wait to find out... something tells me we'll get a decent group we can win... with the only bad point being a distant trip somewhere.

As long as we don't get any of Barca, Bayern or CSKA then I'm ok. We could get PSG, Sevilla and Wolfsburg for all I care, I just want to play someone new.

It would be good to get sides we haven't faced before, I think I'd rather a tough team than a trip to Israel/Ukraine/Russia or Kazakhstan though. The travel involved and cold weather will impact on league form more than a tough game somewhere closer to home. Looking at flights, Tel Aviv is about £200 from Luton and Astana is £350 from Heathrow... and a ridiculously long flight. Cyprus or Greece in September wouldn't be too bad though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.