Champions League draw

BringBackSwales said:
related question - are the dates of the group games known? Someone told me that we were away the weekend after all 6 group games, and the scum were therefore at home after all 6 group games - is this correct or is it complete bollocks? Surely 6/6 would be too much of a coincidence?

nope thats correct

were away to blackburn qpr fulham united liverpool chelsea after each group game

BringBackSwales said:
related question - are the dates of the group games known? Someone told me that we were away the weekend after all 6 group games, and the scum were therefore at home after all 6 group games - is this correct or is it complete bollocks? Surely 6/6 would be too much of a coincidence?

It is correct but isn't necessarily the disadvantage some would have us believe, we have a home game before all the group matches and I'd rather have a home game prior to a trip to Barca for example.

Akai said:
the draw is always on Friday 12PM, 26/8

Not this year

25/08/11
17.45CET Monaco UEFA Champions League Group stage

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/newsid=1651736.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/newsid=1651736.html</a>

Dont fancy being involved in a tough away on a Wed in Europe before playing the rags at the swamp. Although it is on a Sun. Same goes for Chelsea/Liverpool, again Sunday games though. Fulham will probably be a Sun as they play Thu night Europa so might not be that bad. Blackburn not far to travel and we get good support , the only Sat 3pm game, so its Loftus Rd in a tricky 5.30 sat kick off that could be the banana skin.

foley87 said:
BringBackSwales said:

nope thats correct

were away to blackburn qpr fulham united liverpool chelsea after each group game

and the corollary of that is that the rags are at home following each group game. baconface was complaining like fuck a couple of seasons ago about having a couple of tough away games in the prem after travelling back from european games. looks like he got his way this year, eh?

foley87 said:
BringBackSwales said:

nope thats correct

fucking scandalous - choose heads or tails and then flip a coin 6 times and see what the chances are of it coming down on the one you choose 6 times consecutively. Ferguson and Wenger are always complaining about being away after European games so it seems like the PL have given them exactly what they wanted. A complete stitch up for the scum as usual

BringBackSwales said:
foley87 said:
BringBackSwales said:

nope thats correct

fucking scandalous - choose heads or tails and then flip a coin 6 times and see what the chances are of it coming down on the one you choose 6 times consecutively. Ferguson and Wenger are always complaining about being away after European games so it seems like the PL have given them exactly what they wanted. A complete stitch up for the scum as usual

But it isn't "heads or tails" 6 times is it? It's once - either rags away after all 6 or us away after all 6 - there's no in-between because we never both play at home on the same weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.