Champions League draw

BringBackSwales said:
foley87 said:
BringBackSwales said:
related question - are the dates of the group games known? Someone told me that we were away the weekend after all 6 group games, and the scum were therefore at home after all 6 group games - is this correct or is it complete bollocks? Surely 6/6 would be too much of a coincidence?

nope thats correct

were away to blackburn qpr fulham united liverpool chelsea after each group game

fucking scandalous - choose heads or tails and then flip a coin 6 times and see what the chances are of it coming down on the one you choose 6 times consecutively. Ferguson and Wenger are always complaining about being away after European games so it seems like the PL have given them exactly what they wanted. A complete stitch up for the scum as usual

absolutely scandalous. they are cheating.

Any idea who we can or cant draw yet? Would like to do some flight research. Really fancy Lisbon first away match.

ayrshire_blue said:
Akai said:
the draw is always on Friday 12PM, 26/8

I promise, it's Thursday 25th this year! lol

Just copied this from EUFA website. For some reason they have seperated Champion & Europa Draws for these Rounds.
2011/12 UEFA club competitions draw schedule
Date
Time (subject to change) Location Draw details
20/06/11
12.00CET Nyon UEFA Champions League
First and second qualifying rounds
20/06/11
13.00CET Nyon UEFA Europa League
First and second qualifying rounds
15/07/11
Third qualifying round
15/07/11
13.30CET Nyon UEFA Europa League
Third qualifying round
05/08/11
Play-offs
05/08/11
13.30CET Nyon UEFA Europa League
Play-offs
25/08/11
17.45CET Monaco UEFA Champions League
Group stage
26/08/11
13.00CET Monaco UEFA Europa League
Group stage
16/12/11
Round of 16
16/12/11
Round of 32, round of 16
16/03/12
Quarter-finals, semi-finals, final
16/03/12
Quarter-finals, semi-finals, final<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:37 pm --<br /><br />
fy6blue said:
Any idea who we can or cant draw yet? Would like to do some flight research. Really fancy Lisbon first away match.

Details of Pots & Teams
The 2011/12 UEFA Champions League final takes place at Munich's Fußball Arena München on Saturday 19 May 2012. A country's representation in the UEFA Champions League is determined by its UEFA coefficient ranking, which is calculated over a five-year basis. The list below is provisional, and is subject to final confirmation from UEFA.

UEFA Champions League group stage
Position Club Pot 1
1 151.157 Manchester United FC (ENG)
2 141.465 FC Barcelona (ESP)
3 129.157 Chelsea FC (ENG)
4 103.465 Real Madrid CF (ESP)
5 100.319 FC Porto (POR) FC
6 100.110 Internazionale Milano (ITA)
7 94.110 AC Milan (ITA)
8 87.776 FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Pot 2
9 85.465 Valencia CF (ESP)
10 73.941 PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS)
11 68.735 Olympique de Marseille (FRA)
12 60.441 FC Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
13 56.025 AFC Ajax (NED)
14 54.887 Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)
15 50.833 Olympiacos FC (GRE)
16 50.510 Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
Pot 3
17 47.157 Manchester City FC (ENG)
18 40.735 LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA)
19 39.980 FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
20 22.887 Borussia Dortmund (GER)
21 21.110 SSC Napoli (ITA)
22 5.164 FC Oţelul Galaţi (ROU)
23 Club qualified from play-off round
24 Club qualified from play-off round
Pot 4
25 Club qualified from play-off round
26 Club qualified from play-off round
27 Club qualified from play-off round
28 Club qualified from play-off round
29 Club qualified from play-off round
30 Club qualified from play-off round
31 Club qualified from play-off round
32 Club qualified from play-off round

The 32 teams will be split into four seeding pots and one from each drawn into eight groups at the group-stage draw in Monaco in August.
Benfica will have to beat FC Twente For us to play in Lisbon, If they do they will most likely go into Pot 2
Wisła Kraków (POL) v APOEL FC (CYP)
Macabi Haifa FC (ISR) v KRC Genk (BEL)
NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v Malmö FF (SWE)
FC København (DEN) v FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
FC BATE Borisov (BLR) v SK Sturm Graz (AUT)
League route
Odense BK (DEN) v Villarreal CF (ESP)
FC Twente (NED) v SL Benfica (POR)Arsenal FC (ENG) v Udinese Calcio (ITA)
FC Bayern München (GER) v FC Zürich (SUI)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) v FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)

lancs blue said:
BringBackSwales said:
foley87 said:
nope thats correct

were away to blackburn qpr fulham united liverpool chelsea after each group game

fucking scandalous - choose heads or tails and then flip a coin 6 times and see what the chances are of it coming down on the one you choose 6 times consecutively. Ferguson and Wenger are always complaining about being away after European games so it seems like the PL have given them exactly what they wanted. A complete stitch up for the scum as usual

But it isn't "heads or tails" 6 times is it? It's once - either rags away after all 6 or us away after all 6 - there's no in-between because we never both play at home on the same weekend.

Yes, of course it is. They are at home on all 6 occassions after the group games and therefore we are away. But it could have been they were home 3 times and we were home 3 times etc but it's not. So yes it is heads or tails 6 times.

Tonster said:
lancs blue said:
BringBackSwales said:

But it isn't "heads or tails" 6 times is it? It's once - either rags away after all 6 or us away after all 6 - there's no in-between because we never both play at home on the same weekend.

Yes, of course it is. They are at home on all 6 occassions after the group games and therefore we are away. But it could have been they were home 3 times and we were home 3 times etc but it's not. So yes it is heads or tails 6 times.

The PL fixture computer tries as far as possible to alternate home and away games for all clubs, which it has done for most of the season. If they don't alternate then clubs in the CL could face the possibility of having away games before AND after an away CL match, for example. With alternating PL fixtures that cannot happen and for 2 clubs from the same city that leaves only the two possibilities I mentioned earlier.

lancs blue said:
Tonster said:
lancs blue said:

The PL fixture computer tries as far as possible to alternate home and away games for all clubs, which it has done for most of the season. If they don't alternate then clubs in the CL could face the possibility of having away games before AND after an away CL match, for example. With alternating PL fixtures that cannot happen and for 2 clubs from the same city that leaves only the two possibilities I mentioned earlier.

Yes, but looking at the fixtures there are lots of times when we aren't home and away in sequence. i.e. next week Bolton away, then spurs away. So it is more than possible to ensure that one team isn't away for all 6 games following champs league.

Matchday 1: 13–14 September 2011

Matchday 2: 27–28 September 2011

Matchday 3: 18–19 October 2011

Matchday 4: 1–2 November 2011

Matchday 5: 22–23 November 2011

Matchday 6: 6–7 December 2011

- From memory is there anyway you could have an idea of what we're more likely to get? (not my finest sentence...)

i.e. is it usually MD 1 = 1 v 4 and 2 v 3? And similarly, any idea if they're away or at home?!

liamctid said:

- From memory is there anyway you could have an idea of what we're more likely to get? (not my finest sentence...)

i.e. is it usually MD 1 = 1 v 4 and 2 v 3? And similarly, any idea if they're away or at home?!

No, I think the chances are we'll get 3 Tuesday and 3 Wednesday but which weeks they'll be in is anyone's guess. Also I think it'll be even less predictable as I doubt that us and the rags will both be playing at home in the same week. I wouldn't even take the initial fixtures as being set in stone, wait for final confirmation before booking anything.

Tonster said:
lancs blue said:

Yes, but looking at the fixtures there are lots of times when we aren't home and away in sequence. i.e. next week Bolton away, then spurs away. So it is more than possible to ensure that one team isn't away for all 6 games following champs league.

The bold bit is the reason they don't do it.

liamctid said:

This is the sequencing of the games

1st match day: 2 v 3 4 v 1
2nd match day: 1 v 2 3 v 4
3rd match day: 3 v 1 2 v 4
4th match day: 1 v 3 4 v 2
5th match day: 3 v 2 1 v 4
6th match day: 2 v 1 4 v 3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.