Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

coulsonblue

The way it is, it won't be until the 2015/16 season that we are in Pot 1 due to our co-efficients for the years we weren't in Europe over the last 5 years.

This is based on the teams currently in Pot 1, maintaining their european and domestic performance, and on us not making it out of the group stages.

Of course, if we do better then this process of getting into pot 1 is accelerated.

We will be in Pot 2 for next years draw:

Pot 1
Chelsea
FC Barcelona
Manchester United
Bayern München
Real Madrid
Arsenal
Porto
AC Milan

Pot 2
Valencia
Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit
Schalke 04
Manchester City

Pot 3
Olympiakos
Ajax
Anderlecht
Juventus

Pot 4
Galatasaray
Borussia Dortmund
Montpellier

Barca, Bayern, Real, Milan or Porto will play us as top seed.

Re: Champions League Draw Pots

we will be in pot 3, i dont think weve done enough in europe to get into pot 2 we will have to get into at least the knockout rounds to get any sort of seeding for pot 2, as correct me if im wrong, the premiership rankings have nothing to do with european rankings?

<a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2012.html</a>

This is useful, confirms our pot 2 status anyway.

I quite like our likely "Pot 2" status for next 2 or 3 seasons...

We are guaranteed a big name in our group (who probably won't look forward to playing us) and therefore the chance of a trip to Nou Camp / San Siro etc.

Obviously, we need a bit of luck with who we get from Pots 3 + 4...
but apart from Barca + Real Madrid... the Champs League this year was a bit of a lottery compared to domestic league form.
(i.e. City + Utd dominate domestic league but fail to qualify from group stages, same as Borussia Dortmund...who finished bottom of their group)

p.s. what group are PSG likely to be in ??? because if they make a couple of decent signings they are probably an "upwardly mobile" team (like ourselves) whose UEFA co-efficient understates their current strength.

We had awful luck in the cup draws in the season just past, domestically and in Europe. For once I'd like to see us just get a non-league club in the FA Cup and a couple of teams that might not make us sweat in our Champions League group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.