Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if any of our legends will be in attendance I remember the buzz when Vinnie and Zabba turned up in porto

Nice summary and some interesting points I was unaware of.

I think ultimately the concern as a city fan is the unknown factor..until we get through that first 15 minutes, I don't know how good this Inter team are. There isn't a reference game to go off like a knockout game against a Bayern or Madrid, albeit you got a good draw away to Barca.

As you said though, the derby in the semi is definitely something I hope city never have to go through.

How would you compare this Inter side to the one that won the league under Conte.

Also, why do you think Napoli faired so poorly against Milan yet finished so far ahead in Serie A?
I'll start on your last question. Napoli plays the most esthetically beautiful football in Serie A, but seem to not be cynical enough. It takes more than just playing good football, you need to capitalize on your chances. I can't remember which Milan player from the 2000s said it, but he basically mentioned that in UCL games follow "waves", as in there will be usually be moments when one team is doing better, and others when the other team is doing better, and it's essential to make the most of them. Napoli seemed to lack that.

Oh, and as for this Inter side to Conte's side .... this one seems to be better organized and more cynical. Conte's side was better for the league, but in my opinion messed important matches more easily.

I'll leave a video for you (and others who may be interested) on Di Marco, one of our most important players and also my favourite. He's good defensively and a great source of crossing, not the dribbling type of left back but he normally manages to cross multiple times in a match (video is a bit long, just 3 minutes is enough to understand his plays)

Last edited:
Our run to the final was easier, on average, than what it usually takes. On the other hand, we still had a derby in the semifinals (regardless of how bad Milan was ... can you imagine meeting United in the CL semifinals? It's never going to be easy for you, regardless of how good/bad United are, and people tend to forget that)

Regardless of our easier run, it's been almost 400 consecutive minutes since Milan scored against us and we have had 7 clean sheets in this CL run (record is 8 if I am not mistaken). The final picture that comes out is that we don't obviously have the quality as some other teams, but we seem to be very organized.

Regardless, I hope it will be a tight game. Albeit some of you would prefer to see a 4 - 0, if that happens that wouldn't benefit neither of us, as you'll have some english fans underrating your victory saying you played the easiest final ever.

As for Lautaro Martinez, i like him though I personally like Di Marco the most, he's been great for us on the left wing

Barrella has looked excellent any time I've seen him and Bastoni would get a game with most of the top teams on the continent. Calhanoglu, Mhikytarian and Brozovic all seem good at shooting from long range.

Inter had the highest xG in serie A (69.6, next best is Napoli who everyone praises for their attacking threat on 64.8). Inter are then second for both shots on target and 'big chances' created, after Napoli and Milan respectively.

Thankfully, City have quality in abundance and overall the better squad, but it all really depends on what happens on the night. From our perspective, I'm hoping it's not one of those games where we pass it sideways in front of your defence all night because that could get frustrating. Hopefully we mix it up a bit and create chances because that's when we're at our best.

You tell ‘em @BringBackSwales nothing is ever a foregone conclusion. We have to be Manchester City fighting to the end, never giving in but never taking anything for granted.
We earned our place in this final and we will earn and be proud of our lads on the field and our lads and lasses in the stands.

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD!
It's ingrained in us older blues to expect the worst, bit by bit that's diminishing but it will always be there in the back of your mind no matter how small, all I ask is that the boys give it there all and put in a performance we know their worthy of, throw in a bit of luck and hopefully we come out the otherside victorious, CTID.

Should we win ?
Yes.
Will we win ?
Fuck knows, i was certain we'd beat Chelsea but we just never turned up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.