Champions League Final Liverpool v Spurs

This isn't sour grapes but I think this years final shows up the champions league not one finalist has won their league for over 30yrs, both lost 5 games in getting to the final. How does that make them champions of Europe ?. Its a knock out cup which means you need a slice of luck to win it. Just think if the champions league was for only champions these two wouldn't be anywhere near the final !!!.........

With me being an old City fan give me winning the league over any other cup... it means you are the best in your country, fa cup league cup nice but you do need about of luck to win them the league is a more honest reflection on the season....

Yep bang on.

UEFA will make sure this doesn’t happen again. Next season’s final will feature two of juve, Bayern, barca , Madrid. I wouldn’t even put it past them to get the rags in there.

Is the correct answer no doubting he gets goals,but spurs seem more direct in their play with son and moura,hopefully Kane doesn’t start as he certainly won’t be match fit for one thing..

This is simply not true. The myth that Spurs play better without Kane is plain wrong. We get some good results without hm but we play better with him. Also despite what some say on here there is far more to him than just goals.

This is simply not true. The myth that Spurs play better without Kane is plain wrong. We get some good results without hm but we play better with him. Also despite what some say on here there is far more to him than just goals.
Well let's hope Kane is Able on Saturday!

This isn't sour grapes but I think this years final shows up the champions league not one finalist has won their league for over 30yrs, both lost 5 games in getting to the final. How does that make them champions of Europe ?. Its a knock out cup which means you need a slice of luck to win it. Just think if the champions league was for only champions these two wouldn't be anywhere near the final !!!.........

With me being an old City fan give me winning the league over any other cup... it means you are the best in your country, fa cup league cup nice but you do need about of luck to win them the league is a more honest reflection on the season....
Even if it was just champions, the set-up as it is means you can only play a maximum of 7 teams of the 32 that enter the competition. That doesn’t show who’s the best, it just shows who can beat a few select teams in a run of random draws. It’s like winning the FA Cup in isolation and claiming you’re the best team in England.

To show you’re the best you have to play everyone home and away and come out on top.

I think the Champions League should be a league, get rid of all the deadwood and just have the champions of the top 8 leagues in Europe and have then play a h+a league system.

Have a Grand Final between the top 2 at the end of the season if you must have a showpiece event to end the season.

When you reward mediocrity by allowing in teams who finish numerous places down league tables you run the risk of getting mediocrity do well in the CL because anyone can win cup games, as seen decade after decade in the FA Cup with what is called “Giant Killings”.

And we have a final this year between two teams who qualified for the competition by finishing 25 and 23 points behind their league champions last season and haven’t been crowned champions for 30 and 59 years. And Liverpool have been in more CL finals (4) than they have league title challenges (3) in those 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liverpool are the most hated club on the planet, always the victims, horrible fans, horrible pundits, horrible players and horrible manager!
Almost cheated the way to Premier League title with dives, offside goals and gifts from opposition keepers!
The media had the audacity to declare them champions on numerous occasions, even MOTD called them champions!
The trophy was paraded at Liverpool match week in week out! Oh and congratulations to VVD on player of the year!
The club printed tshirts again about them being Kermit league champions (when will they learn?)
The club are so cocky that the marketing campaign lead next season football strips with the golden premier league badges!
For Klopp to promote the bus attack shows a level of cowardess I thought I would never see from a professional football manager. Attacking our supporter club buses previously after impeccably observing the Hillsborough silence

I hope to see their fans get battered on the streets, crying in the stands and be the victims of it all!
Hopefully lose via a VAR decision during penalties with Mane being the victim! As the league cheats they don't want new technology, surprise surprise!
Hope they win the best second placed team trophy and that money hungry snake Milner gets what he deserves for speaking ill of City in his quest for trophies.

I now fully understand why our red neighbours hated them with such passion, vial putrid scum!

So believe it or not it's a Spurs win for me!

In saying that doubt I'll even watch the match, corrupt competition!
So are you saying you don't like Liverpool?

Well Liverpool would seeing as they got 97 points this year in PL and have made the CL two years in a row

How does he normally do coming back from injury? I know for example Sergio always takes a few games before he's firing again after an injury. Maybe a great option to bring on with 20/30 minutes to go? Saying that, from what i remember he seems to enjoy scoring against liverpool.

Mate, he's by no means shit, but I honestly don't think you'd be in the final if he'd started that second leg against us instead of Son. To call Kane slow or a tap-in merchant is unfair, but the first 20 mins of that game would've passed him by. I hope I'm wrong by the way and he wins you the final.

What time do Liverpool kick off against Liverpool?

Spurs fans are getting a taste of what we've had to suffer all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.