Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Part 2:

I feel fuckin sick! The Rags were praying for this, & we gave em what they wished for! The fucking twats started ringing & texting me as soon as the final whistle blew.

Why Pep? Why not start the team that barely gave Mbappé & Neymar a kick?

Sterling hasn't been on form for weeks, yet we start him in the CL Final? The biggest piss take was naming a starting line up without a CDM against a team who've beaten us twice recently, because we never played our strongest 11, or best formation.

If we'd played the team which beat PSG, & our preferred formation, I could congratulate Chelsea & say well done. When that ball was played to Havaertz (sic), he received it right where Fernandinho or Rodri would have been!

Luckily for us, he scored, otherwise Ederson would have been sent off for handball. We defeated ourselves by taking the piss against Chelsea. We disrespected them, & lost the opportunity to give Aguero the send off he deserved.

Pep, you're one of the greatest managers ever, but tonight you believed your own hype, & underestimated a team who reached a CL final. They can't be mugs to achieve that, so why were we treating them like Cheltenham at The Etihad, instead of Chelsea in a final?? Just why? Didn't our two recent defeats against them teach you anything???? :-(

Well that’s just plain fucking wrong. He’s been our best non-Centre back this season. He’s our top scorer. He carried us up to Christmas and was the best player in the league by a mile during our winning streak.

Recency bias.

Like last week we all choked up as pep cried over Kun and professed his love for the club - now we have morons calling for his exit.

Similarly, our top scorer and a major catalyst behind our rebirth into eventual league title win has a few less amazing games and suddenly he's always been awful.

This forum, however, has been pretty dire for a long time

People keep stating we needed to start with Fernandino yet the problem was no focal point in attack to play off. Nothing up front to worry the opponents, bet Chelsea were absolutely delighted we started without either Jesus or Aguero.
Not at all, a DM gives you the platform to build an attack - it’s a safety net for the defence as well as the other midfielders who will be caught in two minds - when to attack when to defend, they looked confused.

gutted like everyone else but really won't have too much time thinking about it. I'm not finished celebrating the PL yet. That is still a hugely successful season without a doubt.
PS. Pep soft spot for an all technical midfield will haunt him again, this is not the end of it.
Except that pep will pick gundogun again next year in a key CL MATCH. and that's the end of that. Worst Citi player since 2012

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.