Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Absolutely it will stay with him. It will stay with me too, and everyone connected with City.

As long as Pep doesn't lose the dressing room, then it probably spurs us on. I am just glad I didn't go and watch that.
We lost a 90 min cup game, I'm pretty sure the premier league champs will stay with their boss, and you're not glad you didn't go, non of us are.

Nothing to do with my perspective of the game, as I said it was disappointing but some people really should take time to calm down before posting some of the shite they write.
Genuinely interested in your perspective of the game.

We lost. End of. Can't change it. Leave the post mortem to Pep and his team. Leave the in's and outs to the club. 14/8/21 it all starts all over again. We just roll the dice go again and see where it all ends up. Remember when the ESL was proposed and everyone said " but it removes all competition" tonight was what competition looks like - you can't win them all......................

Nothing to do with my perspective of the game, as I said it was disappointing but some people really should take time to calm down before posting some of the shite they write.
Passion is good! It makes us say stupid things but with feeling. This is a safe place. We will forgive you tomorrow (please FORGIVE ME TOMORROW!)

I'll explain it to you.
We have gone out of the Champions League three times due to the referee we had tonight making the wrong decisions against us.
This referee has a long history of being against Pep Guardiola and against Manchester City.
Pep looked at this and realised every tackle, every bit of pressure will result in a free kick against us (at best).
With this in mind Pep decided to pick a team that were better at keeping possession rather than winning it back as that was the least likely to result in freekicks, penaltys, red cards against us.
He decided that due to the above it was sensible to pick Sterling rather than Fernandinho as that minimises the risks of red cards but allows Sterling's pace to keep James pinned back, thus negating one of their biggest threats.
Foden and De Bruyne were then allowed to roam up front in the hopes that this would then pull their back 5 out of position a little allowing us to exploit the space somewhat.
Hope this helps.
Sorry, but the ref had nothing to do with our lineup tonight. In other crucial matches, Pep's come with some curious team selections & formations, when that ref was nowhere near. What was Pep's excuse then?

What happened tonight is exactly what many of us feared. Chelsea treated us with respect, we took the piss & got what we deserved. Nothing! That was ALL on Pep! :-(

You being serious about Gundogan? Pep threw him under the bus playing him as an holding midfielder.

You clearly don't watch us if you can't see what Gundogan is good at, he's vital to the way we usually play, he keeps hold of the ball so well. Also you should check who the leading goalscorer is.
There have been many games that I have watched gundog and wondered what he brings to the team. Then, you see his stats and realise the impact he has.
He is one of those strange players that goes largely unNoticed, but is a vital cog in the machine.

We didn't win not because of 1 player. Come on lads. I know it's fun to WUM but we know that it isn't true. Remember we're all blues here.
That 1 player upset the balance of the team and did piss all this season to warrant a start in the final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.