Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Pep out thought himself again in the CL, some people on here don't believe he does that though, and they are deluded. Every game either Rodri or Fern start, but not tonight, a very strange decision. Chelsea were easily the most dangerous team, and could have scored a couple more. Everyone knows how Chelsea play 3 at the back, 2 defensive mids, and we play 2 inverted wingers and condense everything into the middle playing to Chelsea's strength, not great tactically.

People believing the Pep overthinking thing is a myth is the biggest laugh

As if people conjure something like that out of thin air with no concrete basis

This was all on Pep tonight, his starting line up and left the side out to dry. I am sure as per Lyon there will be some comments from the players in the press. To lose 3/3 to Tuchel is ridiculous and the mind games of playing weaker sides backfired. That’s the negatives. Still angry at that performance, but if someone had told me in November that we would win the league I would never have believed it. To have achieved a double is fantastic given where we were. Champions of Europe you’ll never sing that’ chants I am sure we can live with given our domestic trophies. The ‘other’ trophy I am sure will come one day.

That's all he has ever been, remember Barca at home a few years ago. He's a proper football player, but a dm he is not.
Playmaker? I don't see him making any plays. How many assists has he got. All his passes seem to be sideways or backwards

I'm just still trying to wrap my head around not playing a defensive midfielder. Rodri or Fernandinho, ome or the other, fine, if we still lost people would be saying you should have played the other. But that was the team. It's not Sterling's fault, if anything he was one of our better players at the front, but to sacrafice that control.

Crazy mate its alot more than just 1 change though, it's not just Sterling coming in for Fernandinho it's fucked up Gundogans position aswell. It's very weird from Pep but I'm sure someone will say what do we know haha.

I wish I was wrong. Raheem is a shadow of they player he was. Its actually sad to see.
Its true and my comments before tonight say I'm in the same boat as you, but Raheem don't pick the team and he was ok first half tonight so lets not play the blame game with him. Kevin was fucking invisible, Mahrez was Mahrez of every game apart from 15 in his City career. The players were shit. but the manager set them up to fail.

At this stage, I don't understand why he doesn't put the best team out and if we lose no one is going to blame him. The only two positions up for debate were Zinc and Cancelo and Rodri and Fern and honestly even then I think most fans knew their faves.
I think Zinc is dross personally. Did fuck all going forward as per usual, and iffy defensively as per usual. Not to mention being at fault for the goal. Tripe, basically.

Honestly most upset that we haven’t won it for Kun, I know we’ll get more opportunities to win it and we will. Vinny and Dave leaving without it was hard enough, but watching sergio miss out tonight is honestly like a dagger to the heart.

Congrats to Chelsea, well deserved win. Better than us in every department tonight. All our players looked a bit off and one have to ask why. Pep is unquestionably the best strategist of the game, the best player developer, and overall football scientist, but on the tactical side there are others who matches him and as on this occasion beats him thoroughly.
Still, we have come so incredibly far and soon enough there's a new season. C'mon City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.