Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

On the money. I have never seen someone's form nosedive as catastrophically at Sterling's has. It's weird.
No. Not tonight. If we'd have played Sergio instead of De Bruyne or Foden we'd have a better chance. If we'd have played Fern or Rodri instead of Sterling then yes definitely. But just saying "not playing Sterling" tonight AFTER watching tonight makes no sense. He was good in the first half and I will fucking die on this hill.

Lets hope they do not replace Werner with a top striker who is able to score 25-30 in the league. if they had someone like Haaland this last couple of months it would have not been a close game tonight.

Feel sorry fir pep. Wish he’d picked ferna not sterling. That way it would have been just a bad day for our best team. Now it’s on his pick and we are blaming him and forgetting the trophies and football we have played because we are all gutted about the champions league.
I think ferna brings confidence, both to attackers and defenders, so maybe it contributed to lack of confidence today. Sad end to magic season, look back on our trophies in last ten years, hope we get Kane or someone up front and go again next season..DEFINITELY With PEP
Wish he'd picked fern but in place of Gundogun'. At least sterling threatened. Gundogun was just a passenger

Yes he's the leading scorer. True. That's one because cancelo and Bernardo filled in to do the role that HE WAS BOUGHT TO DO AND FLOPPED MISERABLY ie, defensive midfielder.
Gundo was not bought as a defensive midfielder, that just bollocks DM was always Ferny's job.
At Dortmund he was very much a playmaker

Are we forgetting that he decided to not play Aguero? His last game in a CL final. The man would have run through a burning wall for this team in game. He would literally never be more up for a game in his career. Yet Pep plays Sterling who was shit scared of James and looked like a timid wee boy.

After last year's CL debacle, I honestly thought Pep wouldn't tinker this time. I don't understand this.
At this stage, I don't understand why he doesn't put the best team out and if we lose no one is going to blame him. The only two positions up for debate were Zinc and Cancelo and Rodri and Fern and honestly even then I think most fans knew their faves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.