Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Given that he was you know shagged by Kante for 90 minutes I don't think that's possible
The same way Kante has dominated nigh on every top tier player he has faced for the last 6 years? Log off and give it a rest, whatever football knowledge you have is clouded by a vendetta against one of, if not the most valuable, players we have had the pleasure of witnessing this season.

i think the frustrating thing about this game is - experimentation. It wasn't just the changes - Sterling on the left and Gundogan as the 6. Gundogan fills the 8 or 10 role. We have played with a central defending midfielder every game this season except for two. So Rodri or Ferna were in those roles. As for Sterling - I think the thing that most puzzles me and perhaps others on the board is that Pep has been saying over and over what it would take to merit selection to the starting 11. That the players had to be evaluated on the pitch and had to be in form. Sterling did not check either of those boxes. And he took the position for which Foden has been electrifying. Two position changes - two huge impacts.

So the question is - why experiment now? Why change to a formation that we barely used in, of all games, the Champions League Final. In the US, the headlines are "Pep overthinks", "Pep loses out again", "Pep experiment fails". Blame should rightfully fall on his shoulders. I love the guy. I think he's a great coach. But he has a tendency to overthink stuff and boy it really hurts when he does.

I have rewatched the game and trust me the game was fucking much closer than expected...

Foden‘s big chance, Mahrez possible 1v1 vs Mendy, Sterlings possible chance (if he would simply be better inform...) after Ederson‘s pass and Mahrez last minute Chance to score a dreamgoal...

I swear Chelsea scored the goal, when it felt like a 0-0 Half after both teams were POSSIBLY able to score more than one goal (atleast a goal) City more likely than Chelsea. Their best chance was Werner when he the outside net..

They really scored the goal at the least expectable time after a position fuck up of Zinchenko, Walker and Stones.. Which is ironic as I saw Dias and Zinchenko as our best defender until the goal was scored and Walker in second half, the player that wanted the most imho. Absolutely avoidable ffs....

And in second half they had the best chance with Pulisic 1v1 vs Ederson minute 71.. but Agüero‘s cross/shot which was saved by Mendy if he wouldn‘t done that, Foden had a empty net in-front of him, 89 Minute Chillwell save in the box vs Foden and Mahrez almost dreamgoal in the last minute of Injury time... City could have won the final..

At the first watch I thought Chelsea big time deserved the win, but after the rewatch? It was close as fuck and slightly deserved by Chelsea. I sympathize for Tuchel so I‘m happy that he won after the last year‘s fucking close lose vs Bayern, but Absolutely feel gutted for Pep :(
1st sentence, with you all the way, don't get all this crap about us not turning up tonight. That tackle to deny Foden, KDB not having to go off, their player maybe getting a red, all could have made the difference that swung the game. Reading through the comments on here you'd think we'd lost 6-0.

Did Gundogan shag your missus because by god have you been on a rampage tonight about him! The man is our top goalscorer and won us nearly 20 points from a number 8 position - if you can name me a player in world football that has done similar then you've done well.

Give it a rest though, it's fucking boring.
Can’t understand that anti gundo on here, he is not a defensive midfielder and played his best football running midfield when Kev was out, obviously he is better served creating not disrupting.. definitely should have had ferna and let Hindi go forward more and put Bernardo wide instead of sterling

Wrong no one wanted Rodri and fern in the same side we haven’t played our best team against Chelsea once.
Wrong, tons of comments tonight earlier on saying we should have played those two. Not saying I agree with them.

Can’t understand that anti gundo on here, he is not a defensive midfielder and played his best football running midfield when Kev was out, obviously he is better served creating not disrupting.. definitely should have had ferna and let Hindi go forward more and put Bernardo wide instead of sterling
Dont spend time trying to understand it, there are some posters on here tonight with a certain smell, real City fans know what Gundo is all about and what he has done for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.