Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Werner and Kante won the game for Chelsea.

The goal was 50% on Werner, his run opend up Havertz. That's why u need Fernandinho in DM to stop the runs in behind. Gundogan constantly left Dias and Stones and Walker alone against Werner.

It's baffling that he started so many attacking Players. Someone explain me what his plan was in the Match

Lots of emotions today.

Angry at the team selection.

Disappointed with most individual performances .
Pep? Gutted he pulled that shit again. He complicated the match. Players were chasing the ball all night. We had no control and no idea. It was a tough watch.

We will have a lot of hate and laughter directed at us now. It’s tough at the top.

On Chelsea, they did deserve it. The set up was spot on and their players did perform with more intensity and control. Composed from the off, it’s not pretty but very effective. Chelsea stoped our game plan dead by closing the ball out to sterling and Mahrez. They dominated midfield and we had no answer.

So what next? Not sure tbh. The weaknesses have been exposed, player mentality and effectiveness has been exposed. Pep has also been exposed. More changes needed in the summer. The midfield and attack need reinforced.

The tune was all wrong last night.

I think that in the inevitable 'has Pep failed if he doesn't win the CL?' inquest that tbh is a point regularly bandied around on shallow phone ins and mass media, you have to look at Khaldoon's goal.

Yes we want to win things. And we do. A lot. Yes we want to win the big one too. But these (did you win in the end?) are lag measures - they only tell you whether what you did in the past up to this point worked or not.

The key to achieving success is to consistently do the right things - lead measures. The things that you've only just recently done, that you can quickly adjust, which are the predictors of whether you will stay on track for having an overall success at a point in the future.

Still, there's no guarantee that you will succeed at the death. But you'll be repeatedly putting yourself in positions to have that genuine chance, again and again. This is what Khaldoon wants. Not to win everything (we'd like to, but even he knows it's not always possible). But to be able to compete consistently for the top prizes. And that we do.
We just need Lillo to give Pep a wake up slap the day of the next final to fix the clutch moment brainfart tendency. Everything else is functioning extremely well.
If I was a City player I'd be devastated now. When they ratonalise it, I think they will feel let down by the coach.

dealing with this massive defeat will not be straightforward. It could spur us on, it could also damage us.

Because Pep is has an ego and wants the stage. I will serve you up a tactical masterclass. All we had to do was put our Champions on the pitch in the set-up that has worked all season but he had to be Pep Guardiola.

I do hope that there isn't a breakdown between coach and players now. If I was a de Bruyne I wouldn't be very happy with this. They work towards these games. These are the pinnacles of a player's life and when you get to that moment, the coach loses the plot.

I hope Pep learns from this, and tries to understand what he did, and if a future opportunity occurs, he needs to think back to this game.

Will we ever see Pep and City again at a Champions League final?
Fully agree. Imagine how pissed off aguero, ferna and kdb will be. Aguero for not getting to win it in his last game, Ferna for getting dropped because of Sterling and kdb coz he’s a winner and last night would have been an absolute gimme if the team wasn’t changed.

I keep thinking back to the first season or so when Gundy was roundly slated for.his performances whilst playing in a deep midfield role.

Then I keep thinking about how fantastic he has been in the more advanced role and how much praise he has had for his performances in that role.

Then I start thinking "Pep, why?"

:-(

Just spoke with Guillem Ballague (sp) and said I fancied Haaland... he said “or a striker” then he mentioned Kane....

He also said if Mahrez’ shot is a little lower then nobody’s talking about the team selection... he said Chelsea were physical and behind the ball to it was difficult / impossible to break them down

I’m the one in the city jacket;-)

362B495F-C96D-4AE8-AE7C-A9F080053897.jpeg

Lots of emotions today.

Angry at the team selection.

Disappointed with most individual performances .
Pep? Gutted he pulled that shit again. He complicated the match. Players were chasing the ball all night. We had no control and no idea. It was a tough watch.

We will have a lot of hate and laughter directed at us now. It’s tough at the top.

On Chelsea, they did deserve it. The set up was spot on and their players did perform with more intensity and control. Composed from the off, it’s not pretty but very effective. Chelsea stoped our game plan dead by closing the ball out to sterling and Mahrez. They dominated midfield and we had no answer.

So what next? Not sure tbh. The weaknesses have been exposed, player mentality and effectiveness has been exposed. Pep has also been exposed. More changes needed in the summer. The midfield and attack need reinforced.

The tune was all wrong last night.
There was no player mentality exposed. Pep's mentality was exposed. THere is a coach there who for some reason feels he has something to prove to the world.

His job is to prepare the players. We are the Champions. All we had to do was play them in the way that has seen us become Champions. PSG are better than Chelsea. Why change?

If I was a City player I'd be devastated now. When they ratonalise it, I think they will feel let down by the coach.

dealing with this massive defeat will not be straightforward. It could spur us on, it could also damage us.

I do wonder what the plays must think. All season since the spurs game we play with a DM helping the defence and allowing the attacking players to attack.
Than in one of their biggest games of their lives their boss throws in a new system. What must the players be thinking ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.