Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Kane would have made no difference last night. Midfield needs an overhaul. Peps Barcelona the core of the team picked itself in Xavi, insets, busquets, Messi. At city he is constantly changing a winning formula for no good reason.

The mind boggles.
Grealish

It is exactly why we must strengthen again this summer.

The club needs a big boost very quickly and don't want this defeat hanging over us all summer like Lyon.

Momentum. Chelsea have it right now, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Exactly, make a statement of intent straight from the off, like when we signed Bernardo, Silva, Yaya.

Go and get the deals done and quickly, we need to be ready from day 1 in August, next season will be a war, Chelsea and Liverpool will be after us, we must not start the season like this last one.

Or perhaps we won the League BECAUSE we strengthened and need to strengthen to increase our chances of winning the CL too.
We’ve strengthened worth a couple hundred million onto an already good core and we only just reached our first final in which we made the same mistakes as before. You can’t just keep lumping money at the problem

The past is the past, but Guardiola should figure out that and maybe change the tactics. Put Fernandinho remove sterling or Mahrez who struggled against their opponent.
I mean play the team that beaten PSG, football at this level is about details and luck.

One player doesn't change, but when you feel that gundogan was wasted.

Many people before the game were claming, he is going to overthink, i am sure many saw the line up and tought about Monaco Lyon etc
As City fans we have to accept that:

Pep will always be the most sought after coach in world football because he is a trophy winning machine that builds sides playing variations of beautiful total football;

Pep will always do the unexpected (change a winning team for big games) - it's in his DNA and it tends to work - look at the trophy count.

Shame to come away from it thinking we didn't actually show our best, dare I say actively sabotaged our chances with that team selection, but it's not going to be our last final and we'll win it eventually.
Makes me smile when I hear that. Getting to a champs league final is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most top clubs. Football is cyclical and about moments/situations. (Mbappe missing for PSG in that second leg) All our rivals will improve so I doubt we’ll get there again. Hope I’m wrong of course. We blew it and Guardiola playing that bizarre line handed Chelsea a big boost and basically said I’m still not going to play my best side let’s see what you can do this time.

Last edited:
You just don't seem arsed "man"
Of course I’m arsed!! I’ve been a City fan for 48 years so I guess I have seen much worse shit than this but haven’t seen better than the success our club is achieving right now. Okay, we lost. I get it … but we’ve won an awful lot too lately.

I know this is probably me being dramatic but I can’t help but feel this is an end of an era. I just dont see how pep gets himself up for next season nor the players. We have failed in this competition time and time again and it’s starting to feel under pep we have peaked.

As I’ve posted previously I don’t see how we win this competition with the current set up. We have to play a more defensive style if we are to win this bloody thing. Always the same problem quick fast counter attacking sides beat us under pep.

We are at a cross roads imo we either use this and go again next season or we feel sorry for ourselves have a flat season and pep probably leaves.

Vinnie basically started every big game when fit. Unfortunately his body was fucked but he could still play to a very high level whenever he came back. Sergio could no longer stay fit either but even in his prime it used to take him a few games to regain his sharpness.

Two of our greatest players were ravaged by injuries unfortunately or they’d have played many more games. That is not Peps fault.
He left VK out of his team for ages due to not trusting him to stay fit, he was on the bench loads until he got back in and then that led to the goal of goals.

I never said VK's injuries were Pep's fault, though he may have contributed to Aguero's by making him into a pressing forward, something he really wasn't before but that is just conjecture on my part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.