Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Come on though surely there’s a point where it’s beyond transfers? We pay the highest fees and the highest wages, we’re not exactly an unlucky decent side
Maybe misinterpreted my post, it does not matter now we won two trophies, the last memory of this season is an embarrassing, insipid showing in the biggest game in the club's history.

Players have already spoken of how they felt after the Lyon defeat last year and how much he mentally impacted their summer.

Especially so, when a lot of the players last time were pissed with Pep for his formation against Lyon.

We went on to that pitch last night already beaten, you could maybe even see it in Pep's pre-match interview in comparison to Tuchel's.

The respective players saw that team sheet and, in that moment, we had players who didn't quite believe we could now be favourites, just as fans, ourselves, felt the omission not just of any defensive midfielder, but a squad leader in Fernandinho, had fucked us over.

Nerves can be legislated for, but too many of our players looked petrified in that first half and, in the second, were guilty of trying to do things as individuals, rather than a team, merely out of desperation.

We had no period of domination, just areas Chelsea were happy to let us play in.

With regards new signings, they are coming regardless, it was more a nod to those comments who only think we need a big name striker like Kane or Haaland (who would certainly have given us a plan B last night)

There are three of four areas that need properly addressing and my biggest point being, it needs to be players who are hungry to win.

Chelsea had that last night, they paid £220m out last summer on young players with no real trophy background and it showed.

We have a few players now who I suspect are sated by what they have already won and that can make a huge difference.

Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Fern, Aguero - we have lost leaders.

What we need now are players such as Kane, Haaland and Grealish.

People who will push the team to greater heights.

I don't think last night was the end, but it was certainly the end of the beginning.

And that takes money and players with their own personal drive.

The average age of our squad was younger than Chelsea's even if you exclude Thiago Silva from theirs. That's how you know these players will have plenty opportunities to go to the final again

Exactly, make a statement of intent straight from the off, like when we signed Bernardo, Silva, Yaya.

Go and get the deals done and quickly, we need to be ready from day 1 in August, next season will be a war, Chelsea and Liverpool will be after us, we must not start the season like this last one.
Do you think:

Laporte will want to leave (far too good to be back up and overlooked for the biggest club game in the world) ?

Cancelo will want to leave (had a mostly exceptional season in the inverted full back role - overlooked last night) ?

Rodri will want to leave (despite the non-stop grumbles from fans, has played well this season) ?

Of course I’m arsed!! I’ve been a City fan for 48 years so I guess I have seen much worse shit than this but haven’t seen better than the success our club is achieving right now. Okay, we lost. I get it … but we’ve won an awful lot too lately.
45 yrs me, and yes I was on the terrace at York just as an example of where iv been with my club, so this would of been the euphoria moment of my City life.
Sorry I'm distraught

Maybe misinterpreted my post, it does not matter now we won two trophies, the last memory of this season is an embarrassing, insipid showing in the biggest game in the club's history.

Players have already spoken of how they felt after the Lyon defeat last year and how much he mentally impacted their summer.

Especially so, when a lot of the players last time were pissed with Pep for his formation against Lyon.

We went on to that pitch last night already beaten, you could maybe even see it in Pep's pre-match interview in comparison to Tuchel's.

The respective players saw that team sheet and, in that moment, we had players who didn't quite believe we could now be favourites, just as fans, ourselves, felt the omission not just of any defensive midfielder, but a squad leader in Fernandinho, had fucked us over.

Nerves can be legislated for, but too many of our players looked petrified in that first half and, in the second, were guilty of trying to do things as individuals, rather than a team, merely out of desperation.

We had no period of domination, just areas Chelsea were happy to let us play in.

With regards new signings, they are coming regardless, it was more a nod to those comments who only think we need a big name striker like Kane or Haaland (who would certainly have given us a plan B last night)

There are three of four areas that need properly addressing and my biggest point being, it needs to be players who are hungry to win.

Chelsea had that last night, they paid £220m out last summer on young players with no real trophy background and it showed.

We have a few players now who I suspect are sated by what they have already won and that can make a huge difference.

Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Fern, Aguero - we have lost leaders.

What we need now are players such as Kane, Haaland and Grealish.

People who will push the team to greater heights.

I don't think last night was the end, but it was certainly the end of the beginning.

And that takes money and players with their own personal drive.

Hopefully, a mobile DM is added to that list of transfer targets.

Kane would have made no difference last night. Midfield needs an overhaul. Peps Barcelona the core of the team picked itself in Xavi, insets, busquets, Messi. At city he is constantly changing a winning formula for no good reason.

The mind boggles.
I think a focal point to build our attacks around would have been instrumental last night.
Maybe Grealish is the answer in midfield. He would get his foot on the ball and have the arrogance and ability to control a game like that.

We should have fucking played a proper team in the previous two games and the fucking "pep knows" brigade can fuck off. Know your opponent!!
99% of the time, Pep is sublime. But it's the 1% of crucial matches where he veers towards the ridiculous that I don't get!

We play ManUre, & they have a shit system to beat us. Instead of making a minor adjustment to deal with their pace on the break, we stick & get beat. Against other opposition who can't handle us on our 99% days, Pep then changes what works thinking it will throw the opposition, but he only ends up throwing his own team.

Time & time again, it's the same predictable bullshit. I'd rather a City with Pep than without, but I wish someone could give his head a wobble & talk sense into him at crucial times like last night! :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.