Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Never a handball, comes off his chest first.

And in other home truths, Sterling was our best player in the first half and Walker in the second.

Stones had a shocking opening, Dias was caught for pace, while Mahrez was anonymous.

I also thought our own fans there were hardly inspiring, but they aren't daft, they also knew we could play all week and not score with that set up.
The second paragraph?

We’ve seen it all at this club and we’ve lived through it. Let’s hope the pain tonight spurs them on for next year. Enjoy the summer. Let’s hope we’re all back at Wembley for the community shield and then Etihad to kick off another year. Up the fucking blues

We just didn’t play very well.
Even if Ferna had started, there’s absolutely no guarantee that all the stray passes would have found their mark, all the blind allies run down would have opened up, all the 6 touches in possession would have reduced to 2. We should have lost that by a hatful but Werner was our best defender.
Just a pity that Sergio leaves with same feeling St David left last year. Hopefully it will put extra coal on the fire for next year.

Exactly this. If we did the unthinkable and got rid of Pep, or hounded him out as fans I can think of a Salford club who would gratefully accept our gift.
Complete over reaction to yesterday’s defeat. The last seven clubs (now eight) to contest the Champions League for the first time lost, Chelsea being one of them. It’s all part of the process. Whatever you thought of yesterday’s final it was far better than our previous best effort which was turgid semi final v Real Madrid where we barely left our own half.
Not an over reaction. Pep 100% culpable. But he's also 100% part of a magnificent City side so carry on Pep! We love it.

Like to be a fly on the wall with Pep and the owners, end of year review I assume all players and manager go through. Was it a year of a step forward?

I was at the match and if you’re looking for reasons to explain that performance then the fans in the stadium isn’t one of them
I was in S21 which was a UEFA section with mostly chavs in it... a bunch of us tried to raise spirits but it felt like the writing was on the trophy right from the KO

In fairness to bluemoon while all team selections get some stick the one's that have had the biggest reactions have all resulted in our worse games and in fairness yesterday in the pre-match alarm bells were ringing, said to my lad we are playing with a back 4 and a front 6 when team was announced.
The problem is, when 99% of fans feel like that about the team selection, the likelihood is, most of the players feel the same.

If the players were inanimate chess pieces, Pep’s cunning plan may have had some merit.

But these are human beings with comfort zones and dealing with the pressure of such a big game anyway, throwing a curveball at them and asking players to play in unfamiliar positions in a team we have never put out before, in such a big game was a dreadful mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.