Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

It was quite obvious that not one Chelsea player feared us last night, they gained that confidence by beating us twice recently, they weren't just throwaway games
No - they did fear us, but rather than shrinking they stuck to their game plan and knew they had to play out of their skins defensively. They brought on Kovacic with15 mins to play. You don’t do that if you’re not fearful/aware of the opposition. I just thought the last 20 wasn’t City, long balls and throws. Occasion got to us.

Very short minded view to be fair. You can’t win every trophy every season. I’d rather we won it as well but he learned from his first season with us then we got 100 points. Followed by a domestic treble. We then had a (slightly) disappointing season last season and then won the league again. Forget about the past, even yesterday. Let’s think about the future. It’s very bright. Try and enjoy your weekend
In the league I cannot deny he has learned from mistakes but in Europe it’s the same old story each time. Thank you and enjoy your weekend too my friend

For me PL > CL.

I just wanted us to win one time and flush this out ofbsystem forever. I couldn't care less for future had we won.It would have been great had our legends Kompany Silva Kun had won one. That Tottenham one hurt and so did Lyon last year and more so this year.

Whether or not we had won with everyone playing in their respective position is different thing but with that 11 and setup we never have ourselves a chance.

And going into next season these defeats to Chelsea will play more in Pep's mind whenver we play them in PL and with Pep we know it will be tough to get this out of system

This 100%

No excuses.

You can bet our owners are thinking what many fans were thinking.

They want Europe prestegious Cup on their C/V

That is why they pay Pep millons each season.

I 100% guarntee they would have prefered the Champions League to the Prem Title.

Pep put out a shit show of the highest order on terrestial TV in fromt of a Billion viewers.

We failed to turn up for our own party.

One or two might not give a shit .

Our owners will.
I hope your right about our owner/execs.

Pep has done wonders for us, but also has failed on his final objective, SO FAR.

He needs to be held accountable for that, however good domestically, as you rightly say, our owner wants European domination, at this time we keep making errors, errors last night and last year that were avoidable and unacceptable.

It gets worse the more I think about it and the more I read posts on here.

I love Pep through and through but I just can't get my head around that BS last night.We actually gave Chelsea a huge advantage and made it easy for them.

I've supported Raz since day 1 and so wanted him to have the game of his life. Yes Reece had him in his back pocket but if you're world class then you have to find a way to beat your man. Neymar would have skinned him; hell, I reckon Foden would have got the better of him.

Put it this way, if we were looking for a striker and Raz was at another club would any of us seriously want him?

Gutted about what happened to KdB.

I watched the right till the end of BT courage.
I admit I felt oddly nonplussed about it watching Chelsea lifting the cup or any other team that beats us hurts like hell. Not this time though.

Than the camera picked out Sergio stood all on his own this was after about half an hour after the end. He had no one around him not a player in site. He was stood near the tunnel watching the Chelsea players celebrating with tears in his eyes. Made me cry seeing Sergio like that just wanted to give him a hug. He looked so lost it was heartbreaking.
He loves this club. I think he would have stayed until he retired, given the chance. He is on a reduced salary at Barcelona, I think he would have excepted that at City.

How to sum him up in one sentence

he’s finished.. get rid whilst we can get decent money for him
Players have a cycle at a club, maybe his is up, going to be hard to come back from that at this club, especially with no summer break.

Going forward we need:
One of the best strikers in the world to replace Aguero. Someone who can actually head the ball.
A top quality left back.
A replacement for Fern who can be a DM or a box to box player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.