Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Not to play a dmf against a counter attacking side really?

They were hitting balls over the top a DMF was just going to be better positioned to watch them and track back. We needed creativity in the final third to pierce that wall they are building. It absolutely didn’t work but people pointing to the final 20 minutes when they were just looking to hold on are being too simple. I’d live to know if we would have been better with Fernandinho but we have struggled against a back 5 and against Chelsea particularly in that system. We needed to get a goal and break their shell. We failed and this we lost. It isn’t an axiom that the opposite would have succeeded

want an answer to this but is it just me that would’ve been happier if we got beat starting fernandinho over sterling?

Would’ve much rather had that than seeing pep tryna prove a masterclass in europe again like he did with lyon

The Aussie commentators where I am watching are gobsmacked with the selection. They reckon Pep over-thought it.

Had a big say though mate . We had no steel in midfield and all it did was put pressure on our defence in the first half . Sterling’s runs don’t go anywhere and he shouldn’t have been on the pitch let alone be captain
I’m not his biggest fan, but saw the logic of trying to stretch the Chelsea back line with his pace.

I’d have used him as the false 9 to keep breaking in behind, but we didn’t.

If anyone came in with £80m for him, I’d take it.

I’m not going to say we lost this game because he played. Kante won more tackles than our midfield did. That’s where it was lost.

No way in a million years pep leaves Sergio Busquets out of a final for Barcelona so why does he leave Fernandinho out in this one. Just dont get it?
Because the ref would have booked him after about 3 mins and had him off after 20. As it was he booked Gundo first half and achieved his goal anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.