Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I just wonder if, despite his " I don't care about the referee" verbals, Pep was genuinely afraid that Fernandinho would be targetted by the referee and get an early red card, hence the weird team selection. No other possible theory springs to mind.
So by not start Rodri then to give some protection?

Still absolutely gutted and annoyed about last night's performance. Just need a total break from football for a while. What's that? Euros start in 12 days and next seasons fixtures are out the following week? Yeh that should do.

Cameras dwelt on Jesus sitting on the pitch after the final whistle, being consoled by Cancelo, and I got the very real impression that he was frustrated and baffled by the way the manager had us set up, and I think his sentiments would have been echoed elsewhere in the dressing room. The whole team looked lost and not sure what was required of them.

I just wonder if, despite his " I don't care about the referee" verbals, Pep was genuinely afraid that Fernandinho would be targetted by the referee and get an early red card, hence the weird team selection. No other possible theory springs to mind.

Would a manager really be that worried about a ref ? That he wouldnt play his strongest team because of the ref ?

Slept on it, not much I can add to what you've all said, Pep dropped a bollock.
But...it's been a fantastic season considering what's been going on in the world, won two trophies and played in every game available bar one, pretty crazy!
Gonna give this place a swerve till the season starts, charge the batteries and try to forget about football.
Up the fucking blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.