Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Some thoughts FWIW.

Congratulations to Chelsea they were the better team and we didn't play our best. Kante MOTM by a mile, the one player from their team that would massively improve ours.

Nothing against Pep because I wouldn't swap him for anyone but I am disappointed to say the least that in 3 games against Chelsea he didn't once play what I think many blues would have considered to be his strongest 11. We'll now never know what the team that faced PSG would have been able to do.

I didn't think the referee was too bad, you can't really say that he cost us the game although he does like the sound of his whistle. Clearly a more stop start game played into Chelsea's hands. There was perhaps one decision I did see differently though.....

Perhaps wrong on this one but I thought Rudigers cynical block on KDB could have easily been a red card offense. The laws of the game permit a red card for endangering an opponent and the results of the challenge shown on Kevs face clearly demonstrate that the challenge was of a dangerous nature. In modern sports science where we know the danger of head injuries/concussions, challenges such as this should be clamped down on IMO.

Having said all that Kev was not having a good game. His touch was seemingly Sunday league standard and some of his passes were well off target.

Bernado was another player who I felt disappointed by, I thought this was a perfect game for him to impress and I can't really remember a telling contribution from him other than a slide tackle.

It's time for Sterling and City to part ways. There's nothing in his last 6 months of form to suggest he warrants a new deal, and I can't understand for the life of me how he is part of the captains group. I've been very patient with Sterling because the raw talent has always been there. I've just been waiting for the light bulb to come on in his head where he turns his talents into world class consistency, but if its not happened by now it probably never will. If we can get a good fee for him I would be content to sell him.

Big summer coming up for City in many ways. Aguero leaving means we have to address the striker position in the transfer window and along with Sterling I think there's a couple of other players who we could stand to lose to freshen up the squad.

Finally a word about Kyle Walker, he's had his detractors but he was the one trying his heart out for us last night. How many yards must he have covered in the last 10/15 minutes of that game? He deserves more respect and his own chant.

Chin up fellow Blues, we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Who at the club is holding Pep to account? That's twice he's done it now in the CL. Look, I'm not for one single minute suggesting he should go and am extremely grateful for everything he has done so far. However, it's also not great having an "untouchable" either who can just get away with these things based on reputation and power.
So what do you mean by “holding to account”? I’d suggest the worst possible thing the club could do is to do that publicly. Putting out a public statement saying something like “the club has made clear its disappointment to pep, but he still has our full confidence” would completely undermine him.

I’m sure someone is telling Pep what the expectations are. I just hope we never hear about it, because if we do then that shows the club has real problems.

Right lads champions of England after the first month we thought we'd struggle for top 4, league Cup winners, champions league finalists im sat in the pub city shirt on so proud i am a blue, life's great
Fuck everything else champions of England we know what we are, remember you could of been brought up supporting them cunts from Stretford.Shoulders back head held high were city and don't ever forget it

Sorry; haven't had much sleep as I got home about 5-15.
Did better than three cousins who had to disembark due to technical problems and are stuck in a hotel in the middle of nowhere as the city centre ones are full of fans.
And their tests and paid airport parking have expired. - They now fly back late afternoon.

hope they get sorted mate, got back at 7am and thought that was bad enough, I won’t be doing another European away until all the Covid testing, masks and restrictions are gone and will never do another day trip

Right lads champions of England after the first month we thought we'd struggle for top 4, league Cup winners, champions league finalists im sat in the pub city shirt on so proud i am a blue, life's great
Fuck everything else champions of England we know what we are, remember you could of been brought up supporting them cunts from Stretford.Shoulders back head held high were city and don't ever forget it
Doesn't mean we are not happy with what we have done this season just cos we are pissed off about last night mate. Anyways enjoy your day in the pub hopefully we'll be back stronger next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.