Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Unforgivable Pep. I hope this stays with him forever. Arrogant, naive, and utterly brainless.
Absolutely it will stay with him. It will stay with me too, and everyone connected with City.

As long as Pep doesn't lose the dressing room, then it probably spurs us on. I am just glad I didn't go and watch that.

Some of you embarrassing red cunts should be ashamed at the shit you’re writing. We lost. Blame pep all you want but will you call out the players who didn’t turn up aswell? Will you fuck. We didn’t deserve to win and they did. That’s football
Folks
Or support the players that were left out to dry

It's not second time in two years, we've seen it long before that?

Liverpool QF away, he changes his best team and picks Gundo as a wide forward?

Spurs QF first leg away, no De Bruyne and Sane, brings them on with just minutes to go.

Baffling for ages.
Dropping Kevin for gundogun is the weirdest decision a coach has ever made surely. That spurs game - still rankles. Gundogun is bad luck in the CL for city I'm afraid. That's the truth

With fans like this I couldn't blame any one of them for not giving a fuck.
Bollocks, I would love to know how some of those players feel towards the manager tonight, just as pissed as they were after the Lyon game, Pep fucked up, end of story.

I'll explain it to you.
We have gone out of the Champions League three times due to the referee we had tonight making the wrong decisions against us.
This referee has a long history of being against Pep Guardiola and against Manchester City.
Pep looked at this and realised every tackle, every bit of pressure will result in a free kick against us (at best).
With this in mind Pep decided to pick a team that were better at keeping possession rather than winning it back as that was the least likely to result in freekicks, penaltys, red cards against us.
He decided that due to the above it was sensible to pick Sterling rather than Fernandinho as that minimises the risks of red cards but allows Sterling's pace to keep James pinned back, thus negating one of their biggest threats.
Foden and De Bruyne were then allowed to roam up front in the hopes that this would then pull their back 5 out of position a little allowing us to exploit the space somewhat.
Hope this helps.
Fernandinho has the best completion pass rate in the fucking league over 8 years - and you think not picking him makes us better at keeping possession?

You could argue he was building his side but I agree.

Pep has given us magical moments but at times he complicates the simple things to a crazy level.

Without a doubt a flawed genius, as said I hope Khaldoon is not going to go easy on him.
I think most people don’t understand it. He clearly has some kind of issue with doing the obvious or expected. Maybe he overstates the advantages of surprise? it’s only good for like 30 seconds until the opposition can adapt....play your strongest team, in the positions they play best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.