Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

BT mate. I can only remember hearing a few City songs. Just seemed a bit of a weird atmosphere. My mate was sat near the Chelsea fans and he said last night that it was majority of City in Porto but in the stadium he had a weird feeling that we would lose and their fans were well more up for it. He probably doesn’t represent all City fans in the stadium, but I don’t think Peps line up did us all any favours. I’m probably speaking shit like I always do, but fuck it.
I was there and I’d say that the streets, bars and hotels were packed with city fans and was a great atmosphere pre-match

However the atmosphere in the stadium did feel very strange. Definitely a nervousness from our fans. From where I was sat, about half way line lower tier (but much closer to city’s end) could hear Chelsea much louder throughout the night and a range of their cult songs. When we did sing, it sounded a bit muted and nervous and was the usual “come on city” etc that you get when we’re down

Our supporters in Porto were absolutely brilliant for most of the day though, and definitely not their fault. Utter dejection and confusion when the lineup was announced, despair when Chelsea scored, twitchiness by pep’s lack of changing things

Those people that you are wanting to get rid off have done the hard miles! They’ve been there when City were down the divisions, when City were playing rubbish. They were there through all the rough times. They deserved to be there last night and deserve to go to all the away matches they want/ are entitled to!
I would have been there last night if my doctor had allowed it. I’ve had messages from people who were there saying others whom I’ve met over the years were asking where I was. So please don’t be writing us oldies off. I’ve been at away matches where a lot of the youngsters were so out of it that they didn’t do any singing or shouting just flopping about. But I’ve never said they don’t deserve to be there. So just live and let live. Some older folk don’t make a noise, some younger folk don’t make a noise. Swings and roundabouts mate, swings and roundabouts. Don’t write us all off please. We’ll be gone soon enough!
Personally I’m louder now than I was in my 20s because I’m not as self conscious and have more confidence! Just an observation.
You are still here EB, and yes...you are completely correct, each and everyone of us has our own story. Regardless of age.
These last 10 years have been fantastic, the "drought" before had to be lived to be believed.
We ARE City. The fans. That's why we got the investment in the first place in 2008.
Let's not forget the fans emotional, and financial, investment in the drought before.
Anyone who doubts that needs to have a good look at what they are spouting. Tossers.

I just watched the replay again so I can get more pissed. And the goal was all zinch fault. He is casually running behind Kai and even when Kai points where he wants it he never really seems to care and really go after him until it’s too late.
Where that pass was made to Kai, is where Fernandinho or Rodri would/should have been. We fucked ourselves before a ball was kicked. :-(

Just a question. I turned off at the final whistle. I didn't want to see the vacant, devastated faces, I didn't want to see Chelsea lift the trophy, I didn't want to see close-ups of their delirious fans.
Is it true though that Sergio was just left standing desolately by himself long minutes after the game had ended? Because if so, that is downright disgraceful. These were the last minutes in sky blue of a man whose name will live on as long as MCFC exists. This is Sergio Kun fucking Aguero we're talking about!
Saw Ruben go over and console him

Of course he's the best manager in our history, but he's not God & has form for making massive errors at times like these.

We all know what our strongest lineup has been in the CL this season. Again, if it worked x2 vs Dortmund & PSG, why the one crucial personnel change, which led to two positional changes, & the one formational change which meant our most successful combination of CDM cover was removed?

Many of us feared a CL Final brain fart from Pep, & it came right on cue. Just why? Again, it might be hindsight to Pep, but to many fans & pundits, our strongest lineup was widely known, accepted & staring Pep in the face, as we had a fully fit squad who were ALL fit & raring to go.

Again, if Pep was allowed to replay the final next Saturday, do you reckon he'd do the same thing again? Mate, it was Chelsea we were playing in a European final, NOT Cheltenham at home in the Carabao Cup. We treated Chelsea with a disrespect we didn't show Dortmund or PSG, & duly got what we deserved.... The square root of fuck all.
His stubbornness really fucks me off, will never make a change at half time if it's not working because that will be an admittance that he got it wrong from the start. If we could replay the game tomorrow I think he'd pick exactly the same team again

When we won 23 on the bounce it was called rotation: when we lost last night you called it tinkering ...
Mate, it was a final. We had a week off & a fully fit squad to choose from. What rotation?

You play your strongest team & respect the opposition. We didn't & were soundly beaten. The fault of this defeat lies with Guardiola. It's really as simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.