Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I think the fact many are still making their frustrated thought known is testament to the depth of feeling many still harbour regarding this clusterfuck of a game.
Yes but I'm afraid the clusterfuck of a performance or result wont change

No smoke blowing here. Only a level of respect for fans of a club I feel my team have more in common with than any of the red clubs.

Sometimes it's helpful to have an outside perspective, as long as it's considered and respectful. For me personally I'd much rather make some friends here rather than participate in the collective euphoria among my own fans, which tbh is a bit boring given that all we actually did was win a single game of footy, albeit an important one for which I'm very grateful we edged.

I find the discussion and the fans here very interesting. Hopefully my presence isn't pissing too many people off, notwithstanding your good self of course. If the consensus sways towards your perspective I will indeed fuck off, I promise :)

keep posting away fella :)

I've got huge sympathy for how City fans are feeling atm, having gotten closer than ever but not quite made it. Chelsea fans have been there and felt that exact pain. Your time will come. City are now a huge club who will go again.

What I don't have sympathy for is the OTT criticism of one of the greatest managers of the modern era. A manager who has delivered three Prem titles in the last four years. A manager who could reasonably ask the English FA to rename the League Cup the Guardiola Cup.

Jeez lads. The sense of entitlement here is a bit embarrassing tbh. As a fan base it seems that some of you are becoming like Real Madrid fans, where their sense of entitlement has them waving little white hankies in the air if their team lose a game.

I've read some shocking stuff here in recent days. One post alluded that City players weren't trying their best ffs!

Don't lose your identity lads. Part of what should make City great, imho, is where you've come from. Years and years of having to endure the neighbours. Your journey should make you so much more humble than them.

‘I think it’s a little bit unfair sometimes when as soon as Manchester City don’t win then it’s tactics or maybe players on the pitch, but we needed to do more and it’s as simple as that. I don’t think we created enough in the game and I don’t think I’m speaking out of turn by saying that, I think everyone could tell on the pitch.’

Kyle Walker
What exactly is this post?

Coming on to a City forum with false platitudes!

Who are you to judge how we should react to a defeat? Entitled seems to be the buzz word now used frequently. We are all allowed to show emotion. I won’t apologise for doing exactly that. If you want to label it negative or entitled then you do not understand what it is to be a city fan.

“I've read some shocking stuff here in recent days. One post alluded that City players weren't trying their best ffs!”

I questioned the mentality of the players before and during the match. The set up was wrong but the players could and should have adapted. I have watched nearly 60 games this season and like most blues could see we were in for a tough game after 10 min.The players did not turn up it is that simple.

Identity?????? You mean the plucky underdog, in the 80s/90s. The team that everyone laughed at but now feverishly despise and hate?

I enjoy the debate but your post is littered with false inaccuracies about our fanbase.

Entitled…fuck off.

What exactly is this post?

Coming on to a City forum with false platitudes!

Who are you to judge how we should react to a defeat? Entitled seems to be the buzz word now used frequently. We are all allowed to show emotion. I won’t apologise for doing exactly that. If you want to label it negative or entitled then you do not understand what it is to be a city fan.

“I've read some shocking stuff here in recent days. One post alluded that City players weren't trying their best ffs!”

I questioned the mentality of the players before and during the match. The set up was wrong but the players could and should have adapted. I have watched nearly 60 games this season and like most blues could see we were in for a tough game after 10 min.The players did not turn up it is that simple.

Identity?????? You mean the plucky underdog, in the 80s/90s. The team that everyone laughed at but now feverishly despise and hate?

I enjoy the debate but your post is littered with false inaccuracies about our fanbase.

Entitled…fuck off.
My sincere apologies if I've offended you (which I obviously have!). You are right that there shouldn't be a generalisation that applies to the City fanbase. There will of course be some fans at every club who get lost in the hype, but that shouldn't apply to the majority.

Identity: I mean a team that, like us, has seen the dark times but is now one of the strongest teams in Europe. For me that means not forgetting where you came from only a few years back, and therefore not expecting success every time and realising that for all the resources you now have, you can still get turned over without taking the manager to court!

And for the record, and as I've stated more than once, I like City. I respect City as a club. They are what I hope my team are similar to, and I think that comes from having excellent owners, sensible fans, and, er, quite a few quid :)

I always prefer City to win the league rather than Utd, Scousers, Spuds (unlikely but we made sure they didn't when Leicester did). I suppose, selfishly, that I've always viewed you lot as like us lot, and not like the red knobs. So, when I've read a few posts here that seem a bit entitled (buzz word, lol), I've posted what I did because my view is that your club is better than that. You are right though. Not my place.

I hope that you are okay with me posting a little more than 'platitudes'. I don't think that's what I've done so far. I try to be honest is all, with a constant eye on respect, being a guest here.

Anyway, point taken re maybe not having a sufficient understanding of the City fanbase. Apologies again.

One point of debate though, if you'll allow it :)
I absolutely disagree that there was even one City player on that pitch who didn't give every last drop of effort to turn that game around. When you say the players didn't 'turn up', I understand that you mean that they didn't produce their best? I think that's very different from not giving 100%, which I believe every player from both teams did. As Alex said and I agree with, I think the pressure of a first CL Final plus the general expectation weighing on the City players as most people's strong favourites was a factor.

I've got huge sympathy for how City fans are feeling atm, having gotten closer than ever but not quite made it. Chelsea fans have been there and felt that exact pain. Your time will come. City are now a huge club who will go again.

What I don't have sympathy for is the OTT criticism of one of the greatest managers of the modern era. A manager who has delivered three Prem titles in the last four years. A manager who could reasonably ask the English FA to rename the League Cup the Guardiola Cup.

Jeez lads. The sense of entitlement here is a bit embarrassing tbh. As a fan base it seems that some of you are becoming like Real Madrid fans, where their sense of entitlement has them waving little white hankies in the air if their team lose a game.

I've read some shocking stuff here in recent days. One post alluded that City players weren't trying their best ffs!

Don't lose your identity lads. Part of what should make City great, imho, is where you've come from. Years and years of having to endure the neighbours. Your journey should make you so much more humble than them.

‘I think it’s a little bit unfair sometimes when as soon as Manchester City don’t win then it’s tactics or maybe players on the pitch, but we needed to do more and it’s as simple as that. I don’t think we created enough in the game and I don’t think I’m speaking out of turn by saying that, I think everyone could tell on the pitch.’

Kyle Walker
You talk about Blues being self entitled, you are SELF-RIGHTEOUS, so just leave, poeple are allowed opinions.

You talk about Blues being self entitled, you are SELF-RIGHTEOUS, so just leave, poeple are allowed opinions.
Ironic. People are allowed opinions, but not me, right?!

I'm cool to post as long as you agree, but the moment you don't then you hit the ejector seat rather than show a bit of mutual respect. Cool.

Ironic. People are allowed opinions, but not me, right?!

I'm cool to post as long as you agree, but the moment you don't then you hit the ejector seat rather than show a bit of mutual respect. Cool.
OK..so when Lampard was in charge and you guys were doing nothing, why did you not post then ?? In 2019 when we beat you on penalties in the Carabao, why did you not post then ? Sanctimonious twattery.

OK..so when Lampard was in charge and you guys were doing nothing, why did you not post then ?? In 2019 when we beat you on penalties in the Carabao, why did you not post then ? Sanctimonious twattery.
Sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever!

Why would I post on the occasions you mention? Read what it says under my name. Jeez, you're not very bright are you mate? You and your girlfriends are just spoiling for a fight - directing your childish anger towards someone who has shown absolute respect here at all times.

I tell you what, if I can get City away tickets next season I'll let everyone here know. I'll have a beer with the grown ups, and then the cry babies can have a pop face to face. I've always hated keyboard warriors.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.