Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Still keep asking myself why did he pick Sterling, can't get it out of my head
I guess he looked and looked at the Chelsea defence and midfield and thought Raheem's pace and direct running was the key to unlock it and he was to score early on.

It does seem very weird to pick a player who had struggled so much for form in the second half of the season but Raz can be decisive as he was for England against Croatia.

If we had played any other team in the final I think Pep would have stuck with the obvious 11 and we would have won. Chelsea's strong defence and energy in midfield worried Pep and made him try to do something clever.

He was undoubtedly concerned about the full backs pushing up on us but leaving the middle wide open & then us not attacking from wide positions was a bigger problem.

Anyway time to put this to bed, he dosen't get much wrong apart from in CL knockout games.

Roll on next season.

He took Phil away from the position he was absolutely nailing though. Genuinely looking a world beater in. Took away our width, the ability to put a ball into the box, and goalscoring threat.

Makes no sense at all.

Will never forget all the city fans around me when the team news dropped, all of us suddenly resigned to a sure defeat.
Same reaction where we were. Had a great trip but from that point on felt like us and those around knew what was coming. I thought I was getting over it but I finally got round to reading that "Life inside the hurricane" article by Fernandinho today and it just brought it all back and I thought how the hell can you have left him out of the team for our biggest game ever.

Still gutted about it all to be honest. I know I need to grow a pair but I’m still seriously deflated by it. If it takes us another 10 years to reach a final, due to health issue, I think this was my last chance.

During the commentary on tonight's France v Germany match, I heard Clive Tyldesley "claim" that Gundogan said he was uncomfortable with the position and role he was given against Chelsea.
As Rodney Marsh said in his interview "You can tell the manager of your doubts, but you do as you are told".
Does Pep allow any discussion?

Does Pep allow any discussion?
I wonder about the assistants role in team selection and tactics.

Many, many years ago on a project management course, the lecturer told me ......................
"You are one of the best project managers I've met, the team can do the task any way they want as long as they do it your way'.
In other words I was autocratic not democratic failing to listen to suggestions..

Still gutted about it all to be honest. I know I need to grow a pair but I’m still seriously deflated by it. If it takes us another 10 years to reach a final, due to health issue, I think this was my last chance.
You dont need to grow anything......you are entitled to still feel such disappointment,it was a massive mind boggling fuck up and opportunity wasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.