Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the Blues since my very first game in 1964/65 when we drew 0-0 with Norwich at home, I never ever thought that I would ever see my lads reach this pinnacle.
That win in 1967/68 at Newcastle was the greatest I have ever witnessed and followed by a 1-0 at Wembley with Nellies wonderful goal started a period of time when we really were the Bees Knees
Fast forward to 2011/12 and I never thought for one moment that this would ever be beaten.
Tonight at my local pub with my son and a couple of wonderful great Blue mates we really have surpassed my wildest dreams.
At full time my son and mates gave me a wonderful "City Hug" which started with a lump in my throat until I could not control my emotions and a more than few tears started to dribble down my cheeks.
Not in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine that my beloved Blues would ever be seen in a Champions League Final, maybe not until after my final days on this earth !!!
City, Owners,The Board, Pep, Players, Fans and all connected with my wonderful Club my sincere thanks so far.
Can/Will we fin the Final ?
Who knows but by fuck City you have made my dream so much a more reality than I could ever dream.
Finally please make an old man happy and complete my final dream ... Champions League Winners 2021.
Cheers,
Oakie
Top post. Dont want to turn this into a sad topic. I hugged one of my best mates in 2012 the Aguero goal for the last time as he passed away shortly after. Massive blue and I know he will be watching tonight.
Enjoy tonight because we all don't know what's around the corner, Hugs, Kisses, Celebrations tonight enjoy every minute especially with your son, These moments are unforgettable.

I’m absolutely over the moon at that result tonight but I’m absolutely gutted I can’t call my Dad to talk about it and I’m sure there are loads of blues feeling very similar today for friends and family no longer with us.

Win or lose in Istanbul, we’ve made history today and I feel for every Blue that stuck with us through the shit but didn’t managed to see this day. Those of us that have seen it are so very fortunate. Little Citeh in the CL Final, well fuck me.

Anyway, here’s to the Blues that weren’t blessed to see this day!
It needed saying, and you said it, brother!!

I was thinking the other day about the FA Cup win under Mancini being a massive step and then the League title win in 2011/12 being an even bigger one. Now watching our dominance under Pep and the various League titles. It got me thinking about 'the City project' that players always spoke about. The end game was always to achieve the UEFA Champions League and on the 29/5/2021 that might very well happen. Watching tonight and taking that all in it got me thinking, what then? Are we still ickle City? Will we ever have any more 'typical City' moments. Does the club of old need to die to make way for a new club, an elite club? The journey we have all been on reaches a potential pinnacle and end goal come the end of May. A journey 10 years in the making. I suppose what I am saying is, do we ever stop being that 'typical City' team from Maine Road? Do we evolve as fans with the club if we have the idea of the City of old? Don't get me wrong, this is all fantastic to witness as a fan, you just wonder yano?

The current situation In Turkey does not bode well for Istanbul being capable of hosting an event of the magnitude of a Champions League final. The reality is that Turkey has just entered into another 3 week lockdown, so the chances of fans being allowed to travel and/or attend this once in a lifetime event are next to nil.
In light of UEFA’s recent insistence that football belongs to the fans I would argue that if that is in fact the case then the final should be held in England in the likely event that Chelsea are our opponents.

If Chelsea get to the final then we must have a massive push to force UEFA to reschedule the final to a ground in England where fans will be able to attend an event they have waited a lifetime for, Period.

let’s see if UEFA’s actions match their words (football belongs to the fans)

Last edited:
If we beat Chelsea or Real Madrid in the final...

It's a tough decision for me, Aguero or Fernandinho. Both leaving at the end of the season i think it fitting that one of them should get the honour of lifting 'old big ears off its stand.

Id like to see them both get a handle each and lift it together but that probably won't happen. I think Fernandinho should because he's been more involved in the competition and captained the side magnificently putting in a top class performance.

*Mods, can we have a poll on this please with other players as possible options. Thanks.

If we beat Chelsea or Real Madrid in the final...

It's a tough decision for me, Aguero or Fernandinho. Both leaving at the end of the season i think it fitting that one of them should get the honour of lifting 'old big ears off its stand.

Id like to see them both get a handle each and lift it together but that probably won't happen. I think Fernandinho should because he's been more involved in the competition and captained the side magnificently putting in a top class performance.

*Mods, can we have a poll on this please. Thanks.
And that is my vinyl hamster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.