Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I think there was a decent chance of us taking 6000 before the freebie announcement yesterday. Sport Options are on flight number 5 so that must be around 1250-1500 fans, plus when you add in all the fans who had booked flights from airports all over the UK then you're looking at around 2500 who had already independently booked, and that was before any announcement on day trips with the club that many were prepared to shell out for.

Chelsea are a different matter - they've been in loads of European finals over the past 15-20 years and have bagged the big shiny one, so it's understandably not as much of a novelty for their fans to have a rush of blood and book flights en masse.
Yeah, I'm not knocking the Chelsea fans - very difficult circumstances. Hope Abramovich helps them out a bit (although if there are more tickets for City fans, great).

I think someone on Spikes 5th flight said they had been told on the phone they were the 1,000th passenger. The planes they use are roughly 200 per plane (33ish rows of 6) so that kind of tallies.

Difficult to gauge independent travel but I was putting it somewhere between 1-2k, so half of the potential ticket holders were (or are) waiting on the official route at that stage. I just wasn't sure how many of the top bracket tickets we would shift. I guess we'll never know now.

As a York veteran my plan to become one of the 6k and add to my leg end status looks to be tatters.

bet no one going to Porto went to Caernarfon Select XI v City in July 1969
I went to a pre-season match against Bangor City about the same time because I was on holiday in Anglesey and was one of the 350,000 at York. I haven't decided on Porto yet until I see the full schedule. I am just not up for seven hours in a fanzone if that is the way it is planned and would be happier to watch at the Etihad if the club put it on there. I am keeping my powder dry for now.

Yeah, I'm not knocking the Chelsea fans - very difficult circumstances. Hope Abramovich helps them out a bit (although if there are more tickets for City fans, great).

I think someone on Spikes 5th flight said they had been told on the phone they were the 1,000th passenger. The planes they use are roughly 200 per plane (33ish rows of 6) so that kind of tallies.

Difficult to gauge independent travel but I was putting it somewhere between 1-2k, so half of the potential ticket holders were (or are) waiting on the official route at that stage. I just wasn't sure how many of the top bracket tickets we would shift. I guess we'll never know now.
I think if Chelsea didn't sell their whole allocation then they wouldn't be offered to City fans. It would be seen as a good way of getting the attendance down.

I think if Chelsea didn't sell their whole allocation then they wouldn't be offered to City fans. It would be seen as a good way of getting the attendance down.
Yeah, you're probably right. Not in UEFAs interest to minimise the crowd though, and if Portugal has agreed to a number, then UEFA might push for it. More likely to go to the locals than us though.

Yeah, you're probably right. Not in UEFAs interest to minimise the crowd though, and if Portugal has agreed to a number, then UEFA might push for it. More likely to go to the locals than us though.
Yeah, I reckon UEFA's ticket allocation might expand in a best-case scenario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.