Champions League Final | Useful Information

I’m here now around Taksim Square, nothing like I imagined, only had a brief 10 minute walk up by the big palace/mosque looking thing & there’s barely any bars, the kebabs look amazing though, it’s hot! It’s 24 but a nice breeze, first bar I’ve gone in, 125 TL for a bottle of Efes, around £4.50. Taxis cheap though, taxi was around 30 mins from airport to Taksim Square, was £15.

There’s a street full of bars just off Taksim. If you walk down what looks like a shopping street then take a right. A good starting point is the U2 irish bar. It’s about as big as a phone box. But it’s a reference point and 2 minutes from loads of bars and ‘shows’. The chap in there is great, he’ll point you in the right direction..

Galatport is like a Spinningfields right on the water, bars, restaurants, posh kebabs, cafes.

There’s a mega sky bar on the roof of the swissotel near galataport. great views of the City and water. That hotel also has two live music venues. A Bosporus cruise is worth a few hours. Can have a good booze on one of them. But traditional european nightlife takes a bit if finding..

Last edited:
I am sat with a very unhappy & disappointed bar owner of the ‘Edinburgh Pub’ in Nevezda, he’s got a City shirt on & is bar is decorated with City flags, he had no idea that the area was now an Inter Milan hub & City had moved to Yenekapi, I still no don’t think he believes me bless him!

I am sat with a very unhappy & disappointed bar owner of the ‘Edinburgh Pub’ in Nevezda, he’s got a City shirt on & is bar is decorated with City flags, he had no idea that the area was now an Inter Milan hub & City had moved to Yenekapi, I still no don’t think he believes me bless him!
Im sure he will be happy by friday

I’m here now around Taksim Square, nothing like I imagined, only had a brief 10 minute walk up by the big palace/mosque looking thing & there’s barely any bars, the kebabs look amazing though, it’s hot! It’s 24 but a nice breeze, first bar I’ve gone in, 125 TL for a bottle of Efes, around £4.50. Taxis cheap though, taxi was around 30 mins from airport to Taksim Square, was £15.
Did u just jump in a taxi at airport or order one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.