Champions League Final | Useful Information

I went on the Bosphorus boat cruise last night, £35 for 3 hours, you get a 2 course meal & unlimited alcoholic drinks, entertainment on board & amazing night views of Istanbul & the bridge, that Galaport looks nice round there, gonna have another ganders but from what I can gather in my 24 hours here, Nevezda is the place to be, pints range from £2 to £4 in the more expensive bars, food is cheap, big evening meal, meze mix kebab thing about £9 in a restaurant, breakfasts around £6, overall, it’s cheap I think.
Thanks for the info I find it all very interesting as we are there until Monday night so want to do stuff of interest.

Sorry if already answered, but we land 10.30pm Friday at Istanbul SAW . Staying in the old town, so just wondered how much a taxi will cost ?

Not really sure how much cash to take for the trip.
Also is it best taking euros or Turkish lira?

Anyone else use EE for their phone? I just called them and they said roaming is £2.29 a day but using your data in Turkey costs £7.89 per half a megabyte! That’s fucking extortionate
I use EE and sorted it with them. The £7.89 is for a pass that allows 1gb usage per day and kicks in automatically when you land in Turkey. The £2.29 is the European pass fee. Turkey is not in the EU, same as us.

I went on the Bosphorus boat cruise last night, £35 for 3 hours, you get a 2 course meal & unlimited alcoholic drinks, entertainment on board & amazing night views of Istanbul & the bridge, that Galaport looks nice round there, gonna have another ganders but from what I can gather in my 24 hours here, Nevezda is the place to be, pints range from £2 to £4 in the more expensive bars, food is cheap, big evening meal, meze mix kebab thing about £9 in a restaurant, breakfasts around £6, overall, it’s cheap I think.
Nevezda? Or is did you mean Nevizade Street? The 'we are 1894' group are having a street party on Nevizade Street on Friday night. Also, I am coming along with my 9 year old lad - do you reckon it will be suitable to go to the Nevizade and Galataport areas with a young un till say, 10pm at night? Also, does the boat cruise go in the afternoon as well? Am tempted to try that and then go to Nevizade after on Friday. Cheers and sorry for the zillions of questions.

Anyone else use EE for their phone? I just called them and they said roaming is £2.29 a day but using your data in Turkey costs £7.89 per half a megabyte! That’s fucking extortionate

For once the deal in US with T-Mobile looks good … 5GB of international 5G data per month FREE and no roaming then still free but drops to 3G speeds

I’d get one of these E-sim things that are mentioned but where do you get them from? Plus my existing SIM card would be just one more thing for me to lose if I have to take that out!! I’m on EE BUT have read that you just need to text them on 150 with TRAVEL to set up roaming? £7.89 per day I think

seems ok

I use EE and sorted it with them. The £7.89 is for a pass that allows 1gb usage per day and kicks in automatically when you land in Turkey. The £2.29 is the European pass fee. Turkey is not in the EU, same as us.
Not what they told me on the phone today. Do you actively need to get them to set this up to be able to use data in Turkey?

My top tip is don't put your passport through the washing machine like I just did.

It's drying steadily and the main bits don't seem that bad so I think I've got away. As a dyed in the wool liberal remoaner I promise never to say anything negative about navy passports ever again if they still let me into the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.