Champions League Final | Useful Information

For anyone planning to use the shuttle buses
Last one to stadium from yenikapi pre game is planned for 6pm taking an hour

View attachment 82269
Cheers for that. That's handy for us as we land at SAW around 5.30pm on Friday and we're staying near Taksim. I didn't realise the shuttle buses were running at that time from SAW so it saves us jumping on the Metro or getting a taxi

Hopefully get some photos/videos from locals setting up the fanzones in Istanbul as to what sort of condition they’re in, as this doesn’t look too appealing in Prague…

Hopefully get some photos/videos from locals setting up the fanzones in Istanbul as to what sort of condition they’re in, as this doesn’t look too appealing in Prague…

Hopefully there’ll be more seating at ours

I use EE and sorted it with them. The £7.89 is for a pass that allows 1gb usage per day and kicks in automatically when you land in Turkey. The £2.29 is the European pass fee. Turkey is not in the EU, same as us.
I have just rang EE for the fourth time and got the fourth different advice. Fortunately this guy knows his shit.

He advised me -

1. He needed to remove my £10 automatic default spend cap on my account that I didn’t know was there - without this I’d have been fucked trying to use my data

2. Text ROAM to 150 before I leave to ensure the data roaming works

3. I will get charged £8 ish for every 0.5 megs of data I use per day (so £16 if I use 501)

4. Text VM OFF to 150 before I leave otherwise any voicemails I get will be charged at high cost

5. He gave me the EE freephone number to use from Turkey

6. He also needed to change one of the other settings in my account to enable me to use data in Turkey.

Glad I persevered and glad I put all 3 tickets on my phone as the kids have different providers. There must be a lot of holiday makers come back from Turkey to huge unexpected mobile phone bills

So it looks like:
1) The last bus from the airport to the ground on the day if 6pm (our flight is due to IST at 17:10)
2) UEFA are saying don't use taxi's
3) They have timed the match so that public transport finishes before the end of the game?
4) The only other transport back from the ground are shuttle buses (do they only stop at the drop off point? If so what are you supposed to do if not staying near there?)

Looks like our options are either not take any bags and go straight to the ground on a shuttle bus before they finish at 18:00, if we manage to get to the airport on time. Or get a taxi to the hotel and then try and get one to the ground.

Getting back I have no idea. Walk 4.5 miles to the hotel or try and get a taxi.

Not sure what taxi's are like on matchdays, UEFA saying on their page not a good idea to use them but are they talking shit? They also say something about Uber being illegal in Turkey but yet I have the app and it says you can book in Istanbul.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.