Champions League Final | Useful Information

So it’s 24 mins from Taksim to Yenikapi

I was hoping to stay in the centre for a bit to have some drinks before heading over.

All the advice now seems to be to head over to the stadium as soon as possible.

That was my plan too mate. Probably tarring us with the Scouser brush from last year annoyingly.

Wish I'd booked a flight later in the day now. Half the day will be on public transport by the sounds of it.

That was my plan too mate. Probably tarring us with the Scouser brush from last year annoyingly.

Wish I'd booked a flight later in the day now. Half the day will be on public transport by the sounds of it.

We are staying near Taksim square so in At midday will probably head to a bar around there then make our way over 2/3 ish

UEFA want fans to arrive at fan zones at 1 pm because the traffic is terrible and public transport is unreliable. We asked the FSE to ensure UEFA understand this is very unlikely to happen. UEFA will provide reasonably priced food and beer at fan zones. Shuttle buses are frequent and accessible (for elderly/disabled fans - vans to transport fans from drop-off to fan zones if necessary). The fan zones will close 2 hours before kick-off.

Taksim and Besiktas are Inter Milan travel hubs. Yenikapi is the City travel hub. The respective hubs will drop fans on the appropriate side of the stadium. We know many City fans are staying around Taksim, so we have asked if our fans can use the 'Inter' travel hubs. Waiting for confirmation. There will be shuttle buses after the game for at least 2 hours. There will be free public transport for ticket holders for 36 hours starting at 00:01 on 10/06/2023.

There will be a bag deposit area. Tickets will have to be activated to work and you need to have Bluetooth on for the ticket to work. Charging banks smaller than a phone 'should' be permitted within the stadium. There will be two body searches on entering the ground. Organisers have requested English-speaking police to work the game. E-Cigs and Cigarettes are not permitted in the stadium. 1894 has asked if passports will be required to enter the stadium (FSE to confirm). The word ultra is strictly forbidden - any flags/clothing with the word will not be permitted in the stadium and could get you into trouble with the police.

The FSE will provide 1894 with a Turkish 'legal framework' document with FAQs which fans should read in case they get into trouble. City fans should check coverage to ensure they don't get a big bill for mobile data usage. You need a passport number to access the internet (including wifi).

1894 will be in contact with FSE on the day of the game. They can escalate issues directly to UEFA.
Typical. We are all in Besiktas.

If you’re in Istanbul before Friday afternoon, then the fan zone at Yenikapi Festival Park is hosting a legends football match at 3pm

bf27674fa12de0a38d734a43b54a99c5.jpg

Typical. We are all in Besiktas.

That's not a bad thing.

Apparently Besiktas is a very nice area and pretty posh, with plenty of bars, pubs, restaurants and shops. And it's very safe to walk around.

Trip Advisor.

In Besiktas, skyscrapers compete with palaces for space in an upscale vista replete with hilly green parkland filling in the margins. Step into this rather wealthy neighbourhood and discover a rich mix of opportunities to shop, dine, and be entertained. For folks in search of urban buzz, not to mention a constant reminder of just how important Istanbul’s waterways are to its rich history, there's the frenetic Besiktas ferry terminal or the city’s most vibrant fish market to explore. For a timeout of metropolitan proportions, head to the bucolic Yildiz Park or the chic Bosphorus-side fishing village of Ortakoy. Attractions such as the grandiose Dolmabahce Palace and a bevy of other stately residences await admiration. To be sure, this large and not overly touristy swath of Istanbul yields plenty of pleasure for all.

Reviews.

Perfect place for having fun with friends and family. Perfect pub and places. There is too many options to drink beer with friends.

My most enjoyable experience was drinking beer and enjoying the beautiful cafes and beaches of Besiktas

Love this area, full of life day and night. One of the best neighborhoods in Istanbul. Here you can find very good restaurants, cafes, and bars.

That's not a bad thing.

Apparently Besiktas is a very nice area and pretty posh, with plenty of bars, pubs, restaurants and shops. And it's very safe to walk around.

Trip Advisor.

In Besiktas, skyscrapers compete with palaces for space in an upscale vista replete with hilly green parkland filling in the margins. Step into this rather wealthy neighbourhood and discover a rich mix of opportunities to shop, dine, and be entertained. For folks in search of urban buzz, not to mention a constant reminder of just how important Istanbul’s waterways are to its rich history, there's the frenetic Besiktas ferry terminal or the city’s most vibrant fish market to explore. For a timeout of metropolitan proportions, head to the bucolic Yildiz Park or the chic Bosphorus-side fishing village of Ortakoy. Attractions such as the grandiose Dolmabahce Palace and a bevy of other stately residences await admiration. To be sure, this large and not overly touristy swath of Istanbul yields plenty of pleasure for all.

Reviews.

Perfect place for having fun with friends and family. Perfect pub and places. There is too many options to drink beer with friends.

My most enjoyable experience was drinking beer and enjoying the beautiful cafes and beaches of Besiktas

Love this area, full of life day and night. One of the best neighborhoods in Istanbul. Here you can find very good restaurants, cafes, and bars.

Yes I was only referring to the bus pick up. Heard it's great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.