Champions League football thread..

jake28 said:
Dunphy on rte has said for the first time in his lifetime there is no world class Brazilian or Italian player and the game is in terminal decline...While I wouldn't say terminal he does have a point.

Did he mean the game in Italy is in terminal decline? Just because there are no world class players from Brazil or Italy does not mean that the entire game is worse than it has been. I'd personally say that Thiago Silva is world class anyway, and maybe cesar too. It's not like the likes of Hulk, Hernanes, Lucas, Alves, Neymar, Pato, Robinho, and Ramires are bad players.

What was Wengers excuse, anyone hear his guff ?

Lemme guess he is "protecting" AOC because he is young. Wenger really needs to consider his own methods and indeed his position soon.

Speaker said:
jake28 said:
Dunphy on rte has said for the first time in his lifetime there is no world class Brazilian or Italian player and the game is in terminal decline...While I wouldn't say terminal he does have a point.

Did he mean the game in Italy is in terminal decline? Just because there are no world class players from Brazil or Italy does not mean that the entire game is worse than it has been. I'd personally say that Thiago Silva is world class anyway, and maybe cesar too. It's not like the likes of Hulk, Hernanes, Lucas, Alves, Neymar, Pato, Robinho, and Ramires are bad players.

It's swings and roundabouts, Argentina is producing world-class players, in Latin America, and the rest are not doing too bad, the standard Brazilian has gone down a bit, mainly because the European game is a too physical maybe?

The actual technical standards are going up all the time, making it hard for any one player to stand out any way

Where are all the gooner twats who came on her giving it large the night we went out of the competition? Perhaps we won't be hearing from them again any time soon.

Wenger: "It wouldn't be fair for me to blame the pitch, even if it was disastrous. Our performance was the same level as the pitch"

So Wenger did and didn't blame the pitch. ;)

City Raider said:
its becoming more and more apparent that this is the weakest premiership for a while
The rags, us and Spurs would have given AC Milan a much tougher game than Le Arsenal did tonight.

Speaker said:
SkyBlue17 said:
Spurs fan? Milan dominated you guys for 135 minutes, and were riddled with injuries. A healthy Milan team knocks you out quite comfortably imho

Riddled with injuries? They were only missing one player and that was Pirlo, who was deemed surplus to requirements this summer. It was us who had no king, no bale, and modric just coming back from an injury and not even featuring in the 1st leg. We had far more important players missing than Milan did.
Milan was missing Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta, Gattuso (1 match), Cassano (Cup tied), Van Bommel (Cup tied). Their keeper also got injured in the first match if i recall correctly.

Spurs really didn't do anything in the 2nd leg, just parked 10 behind the ball. That's why I never bought the Spurs hype last season.

RandomJ said:
Can't believe Wenger didn't start the Oxe in this game. Been their best player last few games.
Wenger is losing the plot big time. He used to be a great manager. His decision making has been terrible this season.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 pm --<br /><br />
SkyBlue17 said:
Speaker said:
SkyBlue17 said:
Spurs fan? Milan dominated you guys for 135 minutes, and were riddled with injuries. A healthy Milan team knocks you out quite comfortably imho

Riddled with injuries? They were only missing one player and that was Pirlo, who was deemed surplus to requirements this summer. It was us who had no king, no bale, and modric just coming back from an injury and not even featuring in the 1st leg. We had far more important players missing than Milan did.
Milan was missing Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta, Gattuso (1 match), Cassano (Cup tied), Van Bommel (Cup tied). Their keeper also got injured in the first match if i recall correctly.

Spurs really didn't do anything in the 2nd leg, just parked 10 behind the ball. That's why I never bought the Spurs hype last season.
Sometimes parking the bus is an effective tactic. Inter did it at the camp nou to knock out Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.