Champions League Games | 16/17/18 Sept '24

Okay; that sailed over my head. They are playing more games than players 20 years ago; that much isn't in question. But it's a life so far removed from us plebs. I work 9 hrs a day, five days a week in a factory. And, at a guess, they'll be on slightly more than I am. Don't get me wrong; I understand that skilled workers will naturally earn more than unskilled ones. And I don't begrudge them their salaries. Well; not much, anyway. One week of KDB's wages would set me up for life.

I'm glad they get paid what they get paid because they are the best at what they do but blowing smoke up our arses has got to be called out.

Take Martinez for example who had a way of pissing City fans off for working City players to death leaving them on for 90 minutes and on many occasions coming back with a niggle etc.. At no time did our players ever say that it was a problem and had no thought for their club, Stones got a few England games under his belt and he looked out of it against Brentford

I'm suspicious of what Rodri means, if he thinks he is playing too many games he should be looking at playing less international games to prolong his career but I suspect he means club games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.