Champions League Games 7/8 May

We wouldn't have lost 3-0 in the first place.
Fair point but..... we did fail to overturn a 1-0 deficit against an arguably weaker side.

I cannot understand why City fans cannot acknowledge a great performance by another side - it was, quite frankly, brilliant and any true football fan would acknowledge that.... still this is a forum abc we are all entitled to an opinion eh?

If Spurs get to the final, they’ll get slaughtered by the dipper cünts.
Ours & the football world’s only hope will be to have the unpredictable Ajax get to the final and give them a game.
The dipper loving media wankfest is in full swing now.
We MUST win on Sunday or we will never hear the end of this.

Klopp has proven himself a superb, a really superb, manager and tactician these last two years .

Dare I say it but he's taken a vastly inferior Liverpool side to the last day in the league and may yet still win the title, and reached two consecutive CL finals.

When guardiola decides he wants to manage juve or psg we should throw all the riches of Croesus at him to come here.
He's probably the best manager in England this year and I reckon he'd be the one to finally do something in Europe with city. I'd love him here
BhDalI9.gif

Did anyone see another ball being kicked off the pitch just as the dippers took the corner to score their fourth goal? You can bet your life that knob of a ref would have made us take the corner again if it would have been us

Mourinho is class as a pundit.

We will win it eventually under Pep - Once he stops over thinking in away games ! :)

Fantastic result or fantastic "historic" performance?

I'd have to say it would have to be the former personally. The nature of some of those goals, before anyone claims I just have blue tinted glasses on, has a lot to do with how poor Barca actually were on the night. Before that, I will say Liverpool totally smothered them and overwhelmed them with sheer effort and determination, that is the single most impressive thing about the performance. Barca looked totally unprepared and unable to match them on those fronts.

Keeper mistakes:
The first goal - Allison showed how much better Ter Stegen could have done, from a shot that was harder hit. Instead, he pushed it into Origi's path for an open net finish.

Second goal - A great move leading up to it to be fair and a well struck shot but too central for a keeper to be beaten from a savable distance. Similar to the one Ederson let in against Spurs, which he got slated for by many on here.

Team mistakes:
Third goal - A free header in the Barca box. Who was even challenging him for that ball?

Fourth goal - Can you imagine the meltdown on BM, if City fell asleep like that on a corner? That must have been the most sickening goal of the lot for any Barca fan by a distance. Good thinking by Arnold but come on, it should never have been on in the first place.

The purpose of this post, is not in any way to say Liverpool didn't play well, they were fully deserving of going through. None of us saw a 4-0 coming with no Salah and no Firmino. So in some sense it doesn't matter how it came, its a fantastic result and we should take our hats off to them for it. There's just an unsettling amount of sycophancy creeping in, about the performance itself, how good Liverpool are or whether they haven't had a shed load of luck and ref calls in their favour where the title race is concerned. This result disproves none of that, lets not be so fickle/forgetful over one result.

We can give credit but not to the level of falseness(is the popular term "virtue signalling" these days?), just in case it can be twisted into saying we're anywhere near as bad as them at not giving credit where it's due and making excuses. They don't even give credit begrudgingly, the above is merely adding what we call perspective, to great night for them. I can see the flappers getting their flapping read for next seasons games against them already, when we proved we were better than them over 2 games already this season. I already think we've proved over the season already we are the better team but a win at the weekend makes it mathematical fact too.

Mate, Liverpool were exceptional.

They played with such intensity, energy and physicality that Barca just couldn’t / didn’t cope.

It was a brilliant performance and to argue differently is just silly.

That was an impressive result and if one of our youngsters/anyone showed the initiative with a corner that TAA showed for their 4th we would rightly be delighted. Barcelona were a shadow side, what the fuck was wrong with them? Slow and looked like they were not up for the fight. Close our ears to the media wankfest, focus on Sunday and a historic back 2 back PL win and then FA cup final. Look on the bright side, we don't want Pep getting bored. The stronger the dippers get, the stronger we will get. Lets get ready to celebrate winning the toughest league in the world against a very strong opponent.

Oh, cmon Ajax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.