Champions League Games 8/9 March '22

Funny how last night was something of a replay of our second match against P.S.G. last year, as I saw it. There's a mental problem with that team. It's not a question of skill or tactics.
They just totally lost their marbles from the point where Donnarumma made that mistake for the first goal. They were falling to pieces in front of your eyes, in the last 15 minutes.
I have a theory that playing in a weak league doesn't, in fact, do them any favours. They have what they like, they do what they want in the French league. Yes, o.k., there's the occasional sop – Lille last year, Monaco a few years ago – but essentially they win their league at a canter, for year after year. It's no good for them. Their mettle is not really tested, and when they come up against someone really determined and experienced, they fold. Frankly, man for man, I'd say that P.S.G. are clearly a more talented side than Real. And just about as talented as us. But in both cases they completely lost it. And when things aren't going their way, they completely lose their discipline.

Funny how last night was something of a replay of our second match against P.S.G. last year, as I saw it. There's a mental problem with that team. It's not a question of skill or tactics.
They just totally lost their marbles from the point where Donnarumma made that mistake for the first goal. They were falling to pieces in front of your eyes, in the last 15 minutes.
I have a theory that playing in a weak league doesn't, in fact, do them any favours. They have what they like, they do what they want in the French league. Yes, o.k., there's the occasional sop – Lille last year, Monaco a few years ago – but essentially they win their league at a canter, for year after year. It's no good for them. Their mettle is not really tested, and when they come up against someone really determined and experienced, they fold. Frankly, man for man, I'd say that P.S.G. are clearly a more talented side than Real. And just about as talented as us. But in both cases they completely lost it. And when things aren't going their way, they completely lose their discipline.
Bang on. We destroyed them,mentally, twice.

Just looking who is through and next weeks fixtures. Strong possibility all 4 English teams in the last 8. It’s nailed on we draw the scouse. I say that with us playing them 10/4. We’d play them 3 times in a week.

The way we are playing we could move further away in the league and get through to the semi’s. As I say, nailed on we draw them.
Rags or no Rags, its likely to be the strongest last 8 for a long time. No easy games at all and I suppose quite rightly.

Which of UEFAs favourites will get a bye after being drawn against the Chavs?

West Ham’s kit looks great with no sponsor. Should be a good game this! Already end-to-end

From the perspective of us winning it, I'd sooner have Madrid as a potential opponent than PSG, however, I wouldn't be worried about PSG or Madrid and think PSG would have stood a better chance of knocking someone like bayern or Liverpool out if they were to draw them so I was leaning towards wanting them to win. Madrid are currently the weakest side in the quarters.

I doubt that - concerning the mentality what is a big key for winning - Real really is in the mix. If it would be just about team strength Real only would have one once in the recent 10 years - and Bayern or/and City would have won it more than they did...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.